The Ford GT is hands down----The BEST car

#1DarkSlayer487Posted 7/6/2012 5:26:55 PM(edited)
Get yourself all the Junkman upgrades ( If you're in career, you can't get Junkman Nitrous )
Buy all the Ultimate upgrades except Suspension and Transmission. ( You'll see. The ultimate trans has a Torque dampner which drops the top speed by 22mph and the ultimate suspension cuts the Acceleration by a lot )

If you can adjust the steering, put it to +1 or +2( Its been years since I played this, don't remember if you could adjust it with this setup )
Aero setting to +3
Brakes to +3
Ride Height to -3
Nitrous is up to you. I prefer +3
Supercharger to + 3

I use Bodykit 1, 19'' Racing Harts ( I Think CRXs. Whichever rim isnt the deep dish ) and Mystic Spoiler

Congratulations. You now have a Ford GT that will do 264mph with ease. A full tank of Nitrous at 180mph or so will get you right up to around 260 on a straight.

Have fun out-running helicopters.

P.S. Since this car doesn't have full suspension upgrades, you will have to actually attempt to follow the Apex through the turns. Its no Lotus or Porsche, but its far from terrible handling.

I was able to put down a 2:37.XXX on Hwy 2001 and a 5:18 on NFS World Loop on the First Gen Xbox with this car.
---
Daily Driver : 1988 Trans Am GTA. Those little Ricers are cute with the fartcan muffler.....but they get me back at the gas pump.
#2VirtuousKingPosted 7/17/2012 12:09:12 PM
Porsche Carrera GT has always worked best for me. I'll check my times and get back this.
---
R.I.P. Junk Bludgeo'd For Hammer, But Always In Our Hearts. 176 Damage, Nevar Forget.
#3VirtuousKingPosted 7/17/2012 5:01:40 PM
Okay, trying to follow your model, I have two problems. Since I didn't buy suspension like you said, I could not lower the Ride Height. Also, how do you select Junkman parts in the My Cars section? I'm not seeing a prompt for it anywhere.

I raced HWY 2001 in my Carrera GT and your time beats me soundly. I can't even crack 3 minutes. I can't find an NFS World Loop race anywhere.
---
R.I.P. Junk Bludgeo'd For Hammer, But Always In Our Hearts. 176 Damage, Nevar Forget.
#4DarkSlayer487(Topic Creator)Posted 7/18/2012 12:11:50 AM(edited)
I guess the ride height is just left alone then ( Like I said, Its been a good while since I played )

The Junkman parts in the my cars section is unlocked by winning the Burger King challenge ( see the cheats section for this game )

NFS World Loop was only on the Black Edition on the original Xbox.

And it took me a good while to pull that time. Average times were 2:44-2:42 on Hwy 2001. The 2:37 had me getting inches from walls, hitting the apexes perfectly and masterfully timing the nitrous.
---
Daily Driver : 1988 Trans Am GTA. Those little Ricers are cute with the fartcan muffler.....but they get me back at the gas pump.
#5VirtuousKingPosted 7/18/2012 5:04:01 PM(edited)
Well, I still can't break 3:00:00 even with the Junkman. It looks like even if I hit every corner perfect, I still wouldn't get anywhere near 2:55:00. I may be out of practice (or used to The Run), but I'm still driving great and am just shy of the 3 minute mark. So, props to you for mad driving skills.

(Edit)
I just looked at some original Xbox runs of HWY 2001, and I noticed that there is a hell of a lot less obstacles on the sidewalks and such allowing for much better driving lines. I could definitely shave plenty of time off my run in the Xbox version.
---
#6DarkSlayer487(Topic Creator)Posted 7/18/2012 9:50:12 PM
VirtuousKing posted...
Well, I still can't break 3:00:00 even with the Junkman. It looks like even if I hit every corner perfect, I still wouldn't get anywhere near 2:55:00. I may be out of practice (or used to The Run), but I'm still driving great and am just shy of the 3 minute mark. So, props to you for mad driving skills.

(Edit)
I just looked at some original Xbox runs of HWY 2001, and I noticed that there is a hell of a lot less obstacles on the sidewalks and such allowing for much better driving lines. I could definitely shave plenty of time off my run in the Xbox version.

Thanks for the compliment. Back when this game was in its prime, I was one of the top blacklist ( #2 I believe ) members before people figured out how to glitch their points to ridiculous numbers.
---