>>>If you have a question, read this first, version 2.5<<<

#1EL PARRoPosted 7/28/2005 2:21:07 AMmessage detail
My first Halo 2 Multiplayer Map Pack faq was a moderate success, and I was able to answer many questions before they were even asked. Because of this, I decided to make a new version with a few more questions that I did not include in the first. Without further ado, here it is:

Do I need Xbox Live to use this disc?
no, you do not need Xbox Live to use this disc

Do I need a copy of Halo 2 to use this disc?
yes, you still need a copy of Halo 2 in order to use this disc

What is on the disc?
all nine new multiplayer maps (Containment, Warlock, Turf, Sanctuary, Relic, Elongation, Backwash, Terminal, and Gemini), the gameplay update, and some videos (Another Day At the Beach, interviews with some of the creators of Halo 2, Audio Test [which is also on the Halo 2 Collector's Edition Bonus Disc], and original trailers for both Halo and Halo 2). That's it. There is no singleplayer content or anything else.

Can you give me a link to where I can download the "A Day at the Beach" video?
http://www.savefile.com/filehost/files.php?fid=8917373

Is the gampelay update required to play the new maps?
yes, you must have the gamplay update in order to play the new maps

What does the gameplay update affect?
Grenades (Frag, Plasma, and Brute Shot) are stronger, the fuses are shorter on Frags and Plasmas (they detonate slightly sooner), the Magnum has been made weaker, Melee attacks are stronger, some of the dual wield combos are slightly weaker, the rocket/sword lunge trick has been fixed, and glitches involving grabbing the flag, bomb, etc., have been fixed (most notable the ability to grab the flag through the bottom of the floor on Coagulation).

Does the gamplay update affect single player?
no; it affects only multiplayer

Is it possible to use the disc on more than one Xbox?
yes; you can copy the new maps onto as many Xbox's as you want

It might be possible, but is it legal?
yes; Bungie has specifically said that people are allowed to use one disc on multiple Xbox's

When are the new maps going to be free on Xbox Live?
August 30.

If all the maps are going to eventually be free on Xbox Live, what is the point of the disc?
The main purpose of the disc is so that people who do not Xbox Live can also get the new maps and gameplay update. The disc also has some bonus content.

How many blocks do the new maps take up?
The new maps are divided into three different files:
Bonus Map Pack (Containment and Warlock) - 5787
Killtacular Pack (Sanctuary and Turf) - 6326
Maptacular Pack (Backwash, Elongation, Gemini, Relic, and Terminal) - 14244

Is Bungie going to make anymore content for Halo 2?
It's highly unlikely, but still possible. If they did, it would most likely be released on Xbox Live only. But don't count on it.

When will the new maps be playable in matchmaking?
The free maps (Cantainment, Warlock, Turf, and Sanctuary) have already been integrated into every matchmaking playlist. The other five maps (Backwash, Elongation, Gemini, Relic, and Terminal) are playable in Rumble Preview and Team Preview. They will also be integrated into every matchmaking playlist when they are made free for download on Aug. 30. When that happens, Rumble Preview and Team Preview will be removed from matchmaking. Of course, you can still use every map in custom games, assuming that everyone playing has the new maps. For more info about maps and matchmaking, visit this link:

http://bungie.net/games/halo2//page.aspx?section=FAQInfo&subsection=playlists&page=1

---
"random stupidity has always entertained me...maybe thats why i like gfaqs?" - Cypher Dusk
GT: YourTrueHero1
#2EL PARRoPosted 7/28/2005 2:26:16 AMmessage detail
If I have the gameplay update and new maps, will I still be able to play System Link with friends who do not have them?
Yes; with the update, the host Xbox (the one who sets up the game) decides whether you play with or without the update. If the host Xbox has the update, everyone will play with the update, even if they do not have it, and visa versa for a host Xbox that does not have the update. As for the new maps, you can still play play with an Xbox that does not have them, but you just can't play on them. Each Xbox much have the maps in order to play them in system link.

You're just wasting you're time making this topic. People will continue making dumb topics with stupid questions.
That's probably true, but I ought to be able to help at least a few people. And besides, it's not like I have anything better to do at the moment.

halo 1>>>>>>>>>>>halo 2, halo 2 is teh suxzorz, etc.
You're not telling me anything that I haven't heard a million times before (and yet I'm still not any closer to changing my mind about it). You're entitled to your opinion, but that doesn't mean you have to bug the hell out of everybody with it.

If you have any more questions, feel free to post them in this topic.

---
"random stupidity has always entertained me...maybe thats why i like gfaqs?" - Cypher Dusk
GT: YourTrueHero15
#3PappinAcePosted 7/28/2005 8:09:21 AMmessage detail
Even if you got this pinned, none of the nubs would read it before clicking on their precious "Create New Topic" link to ask a stupid question.

---
why did alkaline turn to the dark slide-StudioPlant
#4Fire Thief2004Posted 7/31/2005 4:49:52 PMmessage detail
For once, I'm going to have to agree with Master Ham.

---
www.freewebs.com/kungpow/
My games: http://users.ign.com/collection/Fire_Thief
#5EL PARRoPosted 8/13/2005 6:45:54 PMmessage detail
bump
#6Graverobber 13Posted 8/13/2005 7:36:46 PMmessage detail
Ham, shut up. You're telling people to "Read the Updates". Where you jerk? Direct people to these Update topics instead of ****ing and moaning that people don't. You know, I don't see a single topic, other than this one, that lists the updates. So calm the **** down boy.
---
http://www.graverobberxiii.tk - My Websites
Don't like my sites? **** you.
#7EL PARRoPosted 8/17/2005 5:19:07 PMmessage detail
bump
#8Idiom PersonPosted 8/19/2005 8:15:13 PMmessage detail
Well, it answered my questions so I don't have to post a topic. See you guys later.

Or not because this topic answered my questions >______>
---
"Our school has such old ghetto crap our globes are flat." - TheSpaniard
#9PappinAcePosted 8/19/2005 8:52:45 PMmessage detail
Oh, look. A pinned topic that no nub will read before asking something stupid.

---
Winnebago Pirates
The Insane, Drunken Ham
#10StacksPosted 8/26/2005 2:05:10 PMmessage detail
I read the topic and it answered my question. I didn't even have to read a 2nd topic.

Thanks, topic creator guy!
---
Winner of the 2nd annual Montgomery Burns Award for Outstanding Achievement in the Field of Excellence