Weapons and Mod combinations...

#1NATancarPosted 2/22/2009 10:20:31 AM

This froum is to (obviously) weapons and mod combinations (offline, in game).

Here it was I think is the best combination for every weapon-

Mega Leviathan Flail v94-Freeze mod, whenever I use the flial its for the big guys with axes, The freeze mod stops them from attacking me while i hit them hard :).

Mega Dual Raptors v99-Acid mod, Obviously the rapotors are fast, the acid mod just makes it faster.

Mega Vulcan cannon v99-Shock mod, When I use the Cannon its normaly when there are a ton of enemies close together the mod description practicaly describes that.

Mega Stalker Mine Launcher v99-I use Mini-bomb mod, whenever I use this its normally when there is a ton of enemies most likely in one of the dread challenges this completely obliterates the enemies literaly.

Mega B11-Vaporizer v99-Mini-bomb mod, same as the mimes just OWNZ.

Mega Silencer v99-Time-bomb mod, Whenever I use the rocket launcher (as what I call it) I use it against ships or something big like that, the time bomb just adds damage.

Mega Anti-Matter Rifle v99-Freeze mod, simply I hate sniping things that move this stops that.

Omni-Shield Launcher v10 (lol)-Feeze mod, Hardly ever use this but when I dothe freeze mod helps A TON. If something is comeing towards you that you dont want the freeze mod slows them down and sometimes stop it. giveing you a chance to kill the beasty.

Mega Quasar Turret Launcher v15- Shock mod, When I use this its if I have a ton of enemies like the vulcan. This just helpes them destroy each other.

The Harbinger v5-Freeze mod, It was hard deciding what mod to give this none of them really fit it but the freeze mod helps because it stops a ton of enemies from moving giving you time to kill them easily.

Hope this helped all you RATCHET FREAKS OUT THERE!

#2JoveHackPosted 2/23/2009 1:05:54 PM
NATancar posted at 2/22/2009 10:23 AM "Mega Leviathan Flail v94-Freeze mod, whenever I use the flial its for the big guys with axes, The freeze mod stops them from attacking me while i hit them hard :)."

That's a good idea. I always used the default nano-mod, I think.

NATancar continued, "Mega Dual Raptors v99-Acid mod, Obviously the rapotors are fast, the acid mod just makes it faster."

Not bad, but the freeze mod isn't bad either. I like the acid for a crowd, hitting them each with a few shots so the acid's constantly working on all of them. The freeze mod's good for holding the giant robots in place while the Dual Raptors tap them to death.

NATancar also wrote, "Mega Vulcan cannon v99-Shock mod, When I use the Cannon its normaly when there are a ton of enemies close together the mod description practicaly describes that.'

Shock on the Vulcan Cannon? Never would have thought of that. May give it a try.

NATancar wrote, "Mega Stalker Mine Launcher v99-I use Mini-bomb mod, whenever I use this its normally when there is a ton of enemies most likely in one of the dread challenges this completely obliterates the enemies literaly."

Should work pretty well for a fire-and-forget weapon.

NATancar still, "Mega B11-Vaporizer v99-Mini-bomb mod, same as the mimes just OWNZ."

Still like the lava on that, myself. Crowd control when being rushed.

NATancar continued, "Mega Silencer v99-Time-bomb mod, Whenever I use the rocket launcher (as what I call it) I use it against ships or something big like that, the time bomb just adds damage."

I like the minibomb, so damage is also raining down on whatever the dropships are dropping.

NATancar wrote, "Mega Anti-Matter Rifle v99-Freeze mod, simply I hate sniping things that move this stops that."

Another excellent idea.

NATancar wrote, "Omni-Shield Launcher v10 (lol)-Feeze mod, Hardly ever use this but when I dothe freeze mod helps A TON. If something is comeing towards you that you dont want the freeze mod slows them down and sometimes stop it. giveing you a chance to kill the beasty."

I thought I was clever using the Freeze mod on the Dual Raptors and Vulcan Cannon. It really helps in that timed challenge using pick-up weapons vs zombies in the Arena. You've taken the idea much farther. Something else to try.

NATancar wrote, "Mega Quasar Turret Launcher v15- Shock mod, When I use this its if I have a ton of enemies like the vulcan. This just helpes them destroy each other."

Sounds good. I'll try that, but switch to Acid when fighting bosses. Mbbe the Shock vs Ace Hardlight, though.

NATancar wrote, "The Harbinger v5-Freeze mod, It was hard deciding what mod to give this none of them really fit it but the freeze mod helps because it stops a ton of enemies from moving giving you time to kill them easily."

You're really going all out, but it should work here too. "Freeze, buster!"

NATancar finished, "Hope this helped all you RATCHET FREAKS OUT THERE!"

Given me stuff to think about. That's for sure. Thanks.

---
Too many game developers mistake washed-out graphics, poor controls, broken mechanics, and eye-wrenching, stomach-turning cameras for clever game design.