my will to cmplete the game went down greatly ...

#1nimo77Posted 3/26/2010 3:22:58 AM
after knowing that miranda isn't going to rejoin the party again. how the hell they make something stupid like that, and miranda was the only character i liked. it will be the first time i don't finish a game because something stupid like that.
now I'm done with my rant
#2IzmejojoPosted 3/26/2010 12:09:04 PM
So because Miranda left you aren't going to complete it?
*Spoiler Alert*
*Spoiler Alert*
*Spoiler Alert*
*Spoiler Alert*
*Spoiler Alert*

Use Dahna instead. Ulf joins up and replaces the melee part of the battle very well, and Dahna is a massive butt kicker if you set her up right as a mage.
---
"How you feeling Mack?" "Good enough to **** your mother!" -Supertroopers
#3nimo77(Topic Creator)Posted 3/27/2010 12:00:04 AM
i'm not quitting because the game play part, rather because it was like the developers say " you like the characters, too bad for you, you aren't going to see them again"
and the cheesy plot afterward, the power of love will save us, WTH is this
#4IzmejojoPosted 3/27/2010 4:06:47 AM
Okay, the plot line thing I could agree with. They did a dive off a high cliff into nothing but shattered stone on that one. But the loss of one character, even if you did like her, shouldn't be the deciding factor on whether you finish or not. She's cool and all, but she's not a game breaker.

My biggest problem is the whole lack of any kind of back story really on most of the characters. They give you a little to go off of, but nothing really in depth.
---
"How you feeling Mack?" "Good enough to **** your mother!" -Supertroopers
#5nimo77(Topic Creator)Posted 3/27/2010 6:23:16 AM
the problem is the plot was fine before they leaved, and went downhill afterward. so that's probably what made the connection of their leave and the bad plot.
anyway, I'll leave it for awhile to finish other games and may be back later.
and thanks for replying, even though i'm surprised this board still alive
#6gildedtalonPosted 4/2/2010 7:15:31 AM
You can expect me to haunt every board of the games I love
---
Lu Bu: "Are there no more who can challenge me?"
Yuan Shao: "We can't afford to waste soldiers. Take an indirect approach"
#7enigmamjPosted 4/3/2010 10:31:41 PM
It is a shame because the first 10 hours or so were pretty decent. After that the plot became pretty awful. The battle system kept me playing and I just laughed at the plot for the remainder of the game.

This game had a ton of potential, not sure why it fell apart so badly. The lack of side quests didn't bother me that much because I don't mind playing a linear RPG from time to time. However, I do want at least an average plot if the game isn't going to offer many extra things to explore. The fun battle system kept me slogging until the end, but I was definitely glad when the game ended.