I discovered the secret about special moves!

#1LonelyRonsoPosted 9/29/2011 8:59:30 AM(edited)
Here's how to learn secret methods: You have to use them for what they're intended.

Each skill has what I call "Method EXP" that is gained if you do certain actions...

Here's the table:

YUKI:
Aerial Slash:
You must use it to cancel your opponent. Magic gives more MEXP.

Whirlwind:
You must hit several enemies. More enemies: more MEXP

Flash:
<No Data> Rumored: A strong enemy must be on-screen.

Blade Storm:
You must the enemy with the highest HP on-screen, and you cannot kill it. That gives more MEXP, but killing it still gives good MEXP.

Invincible Aura:
Same as Flash

Dragon Slash:
This is a combo of both Whirlwind and Blade Storm. You need to hit a LOT of strong enemies. Weak enemies lower your MEXP gained.

ALFINA:
Comet Spike:
Same as Yuki's Aerial Slash, but Specials give more MEXP than magic in this case.

Stun Force:
This is a hard one... You must use it on a strong enemy, BUT the enemy must also be Paralysed! It won't give good MEXP otherwise. Excise Psi comes to mind... As do Sigma and Omega
Ripple Shot:
Same as Yuki's Whirlwind

Holy Circle:
Same as Yuki's Invincible Aura

Energy Drive:
<No Data> Rumored: You must recover LOTS of SP. At lower levels, if you DON'T Max out the SP bar, this gives more MEXP. Incidentally, since this is harder to do at higher levels, it gives out higher MEXP.

Armageddon:
Same as Yuki's Dragon Slash

ULF:
Rockbreaker:
Same as Yuki's Aerial Slash, but if you kill the enemy, the MEXP gained is increased.

Force Wave:
Same as Yuki's Whirlwind

Flame Spike:
Same as Yuki's Blade storm, but Rumored: This gives better MEXP if you hit Verse Enemies with it.

Big Wheel:
This move is pretty odd... You must CANCEL multiple enemies with this, incidentally, Magic gives more MEXP.

Shadow Warrior:
Same as Yuki's Flash

Inferno Spike:
A combination of Whirlwind and Flame Spike.

Red Lotus:
A combination of Alfina's Ripple shot and Flame Spike

Dynamite Rush:
In essence, this is the same as Blade Storm, but if you KILL a strong enemy while it has FULL Hp, the MEXP gained is increased.

DAHNA:
Homing Shot:
Same as Alfina's Comet Spike

Mana Capture:
This is an odd move... You must refill 100+ MP from this move, but 150+ at later levels. This move takes forever to level.

Dancing Cards ad Mana Spring:
Same as Yuki's Flash

---

Q & A:

Q:What does MEXP stand for?
A: Method Experience.

Q: What about Miranda, Alonso and Hect?
A: I didn't bother. However, if you want a brief preview: Miranda's moves are a cancel (Magic gives more MEXP) and one same as Whirlwind, Alonso's are a cancel and Blade Storm, and Hect's cancel move is... Like Bigwheel. She also has a Stun, like Alfina's Stun Force, and Armageddon.

Q: Is this all REAL?
A: YES, it is. It's not just random - I did about 600 tries, and they all confirmed this. I used "Whirlwind" against 1 enemy at a time, and learned a secret method about 40 casts later. used it agaisnt 6 at a time? Learned it after FIVE casts, all while targeting the same enemies, on the same save file. (try 1: after learning secret method, RESET and try other)

I did the same against the rest of the enemies.
#2drclaeysPosted 9/29/2011 9:31:40 AM
Friends,

thank you for sharing. These things always get down to one basic princple. MATH... yep..that 4 letter word.

its a math formula.

Whats hard is when you first start this game. and you really dont know about these skills, and you just go along your merry way with 2 kinds of hits.

THEN about half way though, you get to really TOUCH monsters, and you get your arse handed to you. and you say. " THIS GAME SUCKS ".

I try to grind and grind in this game. use as many skills as I can, until my power runs out. Use the blond chick, to give more power to the rest of the team, so they can keep going. When done..I run for a save spot.

I THINK save spots refill your HP and you magic power. Correct me if thats wrong. So make runs between 2 saves spots, and use all your magic power skills, to level them up.

Thank you for sharing.
---
Dr. Darrell of Michigan.
#3LonelyRonso(Topic Creator)Posted 9/29/2011 12:36:03 PM
drclaeys posted...
Friends,

thank you for sharing. These things always get down to one basic princple. MATH... yep..that 4 letter word.

its a math formula.

Whats hard is when you first start this game. and you really dont know about these skills, and you just go along your merry way with 2 kinds of hits.

THEN about half way though, you get to really TOUCH monsters, and you get your arse handed to you. and you say. " THIS GAME SUCKS ".

I try to grind and grind in this game. use as many skills as I can, until my power runs out. Use the blond chick, to give more power to the rest of the team, so they can keep going. When done..I run for a save spot.

I THINK save spots refill your HP and you magic power. Correct me if thats wrong. So make runs between 2 saves spots, and use all your magic power skills, to level them up.

Thank you for sharing.

Yeah, they don't refill SP.
Also, the "Blond Chick"'s name is Alfina.
Also, I don't really understand, could you clarify?
#4LonelyRonso(Topic Creator)Posted 9/29/2011 12:47:54 PM
"Strong Enemy" List:

Anfog and Sabatar: Gilled General, Kornell [BOSS], Iron Fist [BOSS]
Randoto: Fishman Captain, Minotaur [BOSS]
Mendi: None
Arcriff: Excise Sigma [BOSS]
Dragon Valley: Lycan Knights and Green Mans.
Baccula: Golems, Desert Lord.

DISC 2

I couldn't find them, I mastered my skills at Disc 1. If anyone can, please add 'em all.
#5FinalFLuverPosted 9/29/2011 8:57:21 PM
if you can get yourself a lucky book, then id go to walled ruins, Not only is there a multicoloured save sphere, which will replenish you HP and MP, but the enemies there drop warrior tonics, so you can use your skills like crazy and just use a warrior tonic to give yourself back 100SP everytime. Personally id keep using Alfina to replenish SP, and i kept giving her the warrior tonics, but until you fully level her skill that gives everyone SP, it doesnt give that much, so id just give warrior tonics to whoever needs them early on in the leveling process.

i made sure to get a heavens blade first, then get 4 lucky books, extract all 4 and give them to each member, this way you dont have to worry about who gets the final blow............warrior tonics will be dropping like crazy :)

I found this to be the quickest way to level up special moves. Just make sure you extract the skill from the lucky book and increase it to the max.