Melc Crystal: How to beat them while underleved

#1LonelyRonsoPosted 10/3/2011 8:43:22 AM
Okay, so My party is horribly underleveled. I came across the Melc Crystal, "That One Boss" for me. He completely devastated my party. Then, since I cant be bothered to just level up, I came up with a guide... And won. Here's how:

Requirements: 4 Lake Eggs, or any egg that rises your water power to 3.
A First Ring
A Magic Ring
Absolute Zero x4

Here's how: Equip Dahna with your best Cards, Armor, Glass Slippers and a Lake Egg. Now give her Absolute Zero and you're set. Yeah, that's all you need. For alfina, best staff, magic ring, Fairy Slippers or whatever, and for Yuki and Ulf, Magic Ring,Lake Egg and Absolute Zero.

Onto the fight...

CANCEL his attacks, but give Fiora priority. Don't bother about dead party members. Once you're on your last leg, AKA , 3 dead and 1 silenced, use Yoat's Orb. Now UNLEASH!!! THE!!! PUNISHMENT!!! on him with Absolute Zero . Once Melc Crystals B and C are dead, You win! Well, you still have A, but a few morr 0's and you win.

My party level: 27. Yeah, 27.
#2RED_ODAPosted 10/3/2011 1:25:09 PM
Nice work!
I have beat all bosses in the lowest level possible. Except the last boss which seems to be impossible under these conditions because he acts like 4 times faster than your entire team.
---
---
My youtube Channel : http://www.youtube.com/user/RED0ODA
#3LonelyRonso(Topic Creator)Posted 10/3/2011 2:30:41 PM(edited)
RED_ODA posted...
Nice work!
I have beat all bosses in the lowest level possible. Except the last boss which seems to be impossible under these conditions because he acts like 4 times faster than your entire team.
---

That fact that Xorn has 170 INI makes things a little difficulty. Try this, I killed him at level 30 with this set-up:

Since you can't fight enemies, I won't be listing drops here.

YUKI:
Lorenzo Blade: DEF Down
A good armor
Ninja Slippers, since you can't get Warp Shoes.
An accessory that raises DEF, or RES. This battle is for surviving.
An egg that raises EARTH to 3
Any Book

ALFINA:
A Good staff
A good armor
A shoe that boosts INI.
A good accesory that boosts DEF and RES.
An egg that raises EARTH to 3
Any book

Ulf:
Rashiik's Hammer
Same as yuki for the rest

Dahna:
Same as alfina, but the egg must raise FIRE to 3. Also, she must be using something that boosts MAGIC.

Spell Set-up:

Everyone but Dahna must have Diggin', Resurrect and Meteor Strike equipped. Dahna must have Heaven's gate and Mana Spring. It should be manageable.

Now, for the battle:

Diggin' should be the first thing you do, and do it again in case someone dies. Dahna should be using Heaven's gate.Over and over and over... You should be casting Resurrect once someone dies, and have everyone but Dahna DEFEND. In case Death Kneel comes, if it would hit Dahna, move her away. Dahna is your main damage dealer for now. Dahna should always have Mana Spring active.

Once you get hit by Xorn's strongest attack (forgot the name) Use Unama's Orb, and instead of using Diggin', you should be using Meteor Strike with the other 3. ALWAYS give priority in restoring MP, since Xorn can unfreeze anytime. Meteor Strike will come VERY often, giving you much more damage.

I'm not sure if this works, since it Did in my normal game, where my party was level ~30.