Battling Emelious: Getting a Perfect.

#1amzaneokPosted 3/8/2012 10:17:31 PM
I'm looking around on YouTube and other forums, looking to see if anybody else has gotten a perfect against Emelious. I don't know if I was just extremely lucky with the ACT placements, but I ended up killing him before Unama's Orb deactivated.

Here's my team, with relevant equipment/information to the battle...

Yuuki:
Lv. 49
Skill lv. 12
Special lv. 10
Flash PSPRP
Weapon: Lorenzo Blade
Shoes: Warp Boots
Accessory: Hurricane Belt
Skill Book: Master Book
Skills:
Perception
Counter
Jolt Counter
Way of Speed
Berserker
Warrior's Way
Attack Speed

Alfina:
Lv. 49
Magic lv. 10
Weapon: Diviner's Staff
Accessory: Magic Ring
Mana Egg: Ether Egg
Skill Book: Bishop Book
Skills:
Guru's Way
Endurance
Water Mastery
Meditation
Perception
Magic:
Crackle
Absolute Zero
(Note: I accidentally overwrote my save file [PISSED ABOUT THAT], but these are all the important things about her...)

Ulf:
Lv. 49
Skill lv. 10
Shadow Warrior PSPRP
Weapon: Hell Spike
Accessory: Warrior's Charm
Skill Book: Slayer Book
Skills:
Perception
Counter
Berserker
Warrior's Way
Life Up
Fighting Spirit

Dahna:
Lv. 48
Magic lv. 10
Skill lv. 8
Special lv. 9
Weapon: Sun Cards
Accessory: Magic Ring
Skill Book: Divine Book
Skills:
Guru's Way
Fire Mastery
Meditation
Perception
Counter
Magic:
Galactic Bang

It started with Alfina using Unama's Orb. Dahna followed with Galactic Bang. Yuuki used Flash, and Ulf used Shadow Warrior. From there, I used Alfina for consistent Absolute Zero damage, with Dahna using a critical to toss Emelious into the air for Yuuki and Ulf. Yuuki's Swallow Slash tended to do about 4k damage, but what was really important was that it got Emelious very high, buying Ulf some time to use Combo on him as he falls... to do like 9~10k with "You're Finished!". This was the strategy. Very simple, but it worked out MUCH more effectively than I could have ever imagined, to KO Emelious before Unama's Orb faded...

I did not use any seeds on anybody prior to this battle except Yuuki, and they were two Spirit Seeds (+RES), so the effect is irrelevant. Therefore, all my stats are natural.

My jaw dropped when I finished the battle, because Emelious is often considered the hardest boss in this game, and I struggled a bit during the first playthrough to beat him. So I'm wondering if anyone else here has done it. Again, I'm so pissed that I overwrote my save file... I wasn't paying attention when I was saving, outside Raflid Town. I want to see if I can do it again, but now I gotta start from my last save of this playthrough... before disk 2. ):<

And yes, I grinded on Lucky Minks before, which explains the highish level. (There's a Madai or whatever, to the right of the Lich in the center of that level of Melc Ruins, that respawns if you leave the area, and he has one Lucky Mink with him. I did that repeatedly for a little bit, so I could get a Lucky Book and an advance in my levels. Perhaps it helped a little too much...)

Another tip is that I leveled up my specials on the Golems in the Baccula ruins. They don't take any damage from non-elemental attacks (most specials), so I could go all out with Endurance on most of my characters, and taking about 0 from Omni Laser or whatever. I had Fighting Spirit on Alfina and defended during Omni Laser to refill like 50 SP each time, and used her Energy Drive to fill everybody else up rather consistently. I found it better than leveling skills on the shrimpy prawny things on Randoto, as an area move would kill them very quickly (and they never like to summon more monsters when I really want them to...).

-Zane
#2Luigi_FirePosted 3/9/2012 7:16:39 PM
You definitely need to do it again and record it. I want to see it. Also, thanks for the tip about the leveling the special moves.