Been about 3 years since the last grandia 4 post

#1Lazy JonesPosted 5/15/2012 6:00:15 AM
I know there hasn't been any talk, at least not that I know of...but anyone have any speculation or anything they would like to see or not see if they did make a new game?
---
This is gonna sound weird, but for a second, I think you took on the shape of a unicorn
PSN:drpokerface
#2Fabled_LegendPosted 5/17/2012 3:17:56 PM(edited)
Would love to see another grandia game, not many games capture the feeling of discovery and dreams nowdays.

---
hmmm a signature, what is the importance of a signature anyways, is it writing your name on it huh?
#3Luigi_FirePosted 5/19/2012 6:06:15 PM
I hope they do make a 4 or something. I really love the combat system.
#4AlltraPosted 5/20/2012 2:03:21 PM
I find that Legend of Heroes: Trails in the Sky is very similar in terms of storytelling. Only, it's taken a step further and refined, which frankly was one of the biggest draws of the Grandia Series for me.

On topic, if they could create a story as well told and interesting as the Legend of Heroes games, while still keeping the great battle system and game play that Grandia 3 had, I'd be sold on a 4th title.
---
My interpretation of reality is different than yours.
#5taskun_34Posted 5/21/2012 11:22:25 PM
It may be extremely hard for another grandia game to surface as the creator died last year.
#6KraftProductsPosted 5/24/2012 5:19:40 PM
awe....oh my god. R.I.P My friend. R.I.P
---
Now 50% OFF at participating Stores NEAR YOU!!!!!
#7FerennPosted 6/7/2012 1:18:43 AM
Alltra posted...
I find that Legend of Heroes: Trails in the Sky is very similar in terms of storytelling. Only, it's taken a step further and refined, which frankly was one of the biggest draws of the Grandia Series for me.

While this is very true, they've only localized one of the games so far... so that's disappointing. It might be a very long time until the next Grandia (like) game comes out, sadly.
#8drclaeysPosted 6/21/2012 1:06:02 PM
Friends,

many good games franchises seemed to have died out. this being one of them. It cost to much to make games today. its not a risk anyone wants to take.

even good game. Kingdoms of Amular for example, can fight off being a flop, and going bankrupt.

RIP Grandia. IM glad I have a ps2 in working order.
---
Dr. Darrell of Michigan.
#9AVAVTPosted 6/22/2012 12:38:24 AM
drclaeys posted...
Friends,

many good games franchises seemed to have died out. this being one of them. It cost to much to make games today. its not a risk anyone wants to take.

even good game. Kingdoms of Amular for example, can fight off being a flop, and going bankrupt.

RIP Grandia. IM glad I have a ps2 in working order.

Agreed.
Recently I've been playing flash RPG more than console games, it feel so sad that good ideas are dying out because of fear of financial risks...
#10RED_ODAPosted 7/1/2012 5:02:34 PM
I think that Gamearts don't have the rights of Grandia franchise anymore mostly because of Grandia Online which was made by another softhouse.
---
---
My youtube Channel : http://www.youtube.com/user/RED0ODA