Normal for boss fights to take light years?

#1lovehate776Posted 9/13/2012 7:13:59 PM
Topic^
---
"These fluoride heads obsess only on game related issues"
#2RED_ODAPosted 9/14/2012 9:49:30 PM
Please, be more explanatory.

---
---
---
My youtube Channel : http://www.youtube.com/user/RED0ODA
#3xfyrenxPosted 9/15/2012 4:22:06 AM
Also, light year is a measure of distance, not time.
---
Don't worry; your manhood will be safe even if one of the PCs in the next game wears pink. Get over it. - EvenSpoonier
#4lovehate776(Topic Creator)Posted 9/15/2012 8:10:54 PM
xfyrenx posted...
Also, light year is a measure of distance, not time.

I rest my case
---
#5lovehate776(Topic Creator)Posted 9/15/2012 8:30:43 PM(edited)
I just want to understand why every enemy in this game is always 100% faster than the weak pathetic hero/heroine. Normal enemies are nearly always 2x faster than said character in both IP filling up and charging spells. I'm starting to think 2 of my female party members are useless as they are spell casters and spells just suck in this game. Maybe they wouldn't suck so much if they had the same speed as all the enemies in the game. I find myself just using auto battle now about 20 hours in while watching videos on youtube while i sit and wait for the long dragged out battles to end.

How much longer in the game do i have to wait before my circus troupe this game calls a party is able to compete on the same scale of all the enemies in the game with fast IP? When do items start to give me competitive IP/faster abilities to make my spells work quicker? Surprise attacks are not that great either as enemies always start near Act anyways.
---
#6AlltraPosted 9/16/2012 12:55:13 AM
It's been a very long time since I played this game, but it sounds to me like you need to level up your affinity with your skills and spells. The higher their level, the faster they go off. Even if the enemy is faster than you to get their turns, they're often rather slow on the charge up to use the attack, and you can stun them out of their turns if you're moves are leveled up sufficiently.
---
My shortcomings piss me off, because nothing I do seems to correct them.
#7lovehate776(Topic Creator)Posted 9/16/2012 12:49:49 PM(edited)
Alltra posted...
It's been a very long time since I played this game, but it sounds to me like you need to level up your affinity with your skills and spells. The higher their level, the faster they go off. Even if the enemy is faster than you to get their turns, they're often rather slow on the charge up to use the attack, and you can stun them out of their turns if you're moves are leveled up sufficiently.

I already understand this about character skills. Actual magic is still slow as hell. My magic casters are taking less turns in battle due to them being painfully slow and thus less EXP to learn more skills+magic level ups. I'm at the point of melee characters are having equal or higher magic levels than the females because they sit in the background all day charging up a spell only to end up getting canceled. .Maybe i'll find a action replay code to remedy this, man i can't stand how weak Alfina is in battle, low magic, low melee power, low move, low IP, low hp, low defense and no actual character specific skills that can actually do damage.

(slight spoilers ahead!!!!).................... Please tell me i get more than 4 characters in this game or is it like wild arms where it's the same 4 party memebers throughout the game? If so i'm not to happy being stuck with liabilities in my party named Alfina and Dahana(Dahana not as much at least her weapon is ranged),.
---
#8AlltraPosted 9/16/2012 3:00:55 PM
The final party consists of Yuki, Alfina, Ulk, and Dhana. The only other characters you get are temporary and don't stay with the cast for very long.

I honestly never had any issues with leveling up my magic skills, but then I grinded my magic skills very early in the game when the enemies were still fairly weak and weren't capable of stunning me out of my attacks.
---
My shortcomings piss me off, because nothing I do seems to correct them.
#9lovehate776(Topic Creator)Posted 9/16/2012 6:26:38 PM(edited)
Alltra posted...
The final party consists of Yuki, Alfina, Ulk, and Dhana. The only other characters you get are temporary and don't stay with the cast for very long.

I honestly never had any issues with leveling up my magic skills, but then I grinded my magic skills very early in the game when the enemies were still fairly weak and weren't capable of stunning me out of my attacks.

Yeah i know what you mean...back into the verse sphere on disc 2, getting crappy exp and money and battles are taking quite while. Fighting enemies that can easily kill off your party with spamming cancel doesn't help either. Can't really afford gear though as the money I'm getting for battles i i mentioned is quite pathetic.

.. I still don't understand how i'm supposed to finish off enemies with aerial combos for better drops and money when it's next to impossible to set up. Enemy needs to be in a perfect position both on IP and within range of character so you wont miss critical or use it after the enemy already is out of the red zone. Once you see this perfect opening now you have to hope your other character turn will be coming up next and hope the attack finishes it and this is always the thing that screws me up when finally getting that opening and my character turn does not come up before the enemy hits the ground..

.So far I've preformed maybe 10 aerial finishers in this game and that's with trying. Is there a easier way or do need to use a code for infinite money? This point in the game is ridiculous of the low money and exp I'm getting. The timing for aerials is probably the must ridiculous I've seen in any rpg, Fighting common mobs that have 2k+Hp and give only 200 money and 200 exp per battle definitely is not worth it. Cheating might make this game slightly more enjoyable so i don't have to worry about money anymore in this game. Seriously would like to play this game legit but i don't see how your supposed to make any cash in this game to buy magic/skills/weapons/armors/accessory and maybe consumables if one cares about those. At this rate I'll need to do 20*+ battles to afford a piece of armor in the verseshops only getting 200 gold per battle.....Thats beyond grinding.....
---
#10RED_ODAPosted 9/16/2012 7:15:34 PM
lovehate776

I've read all your posts and I agree with some of your arguments, however you can get around some issues in the second playthrough, believe me.

First you complain about characters speed and that complain is acceptable because it is true, but you can get around it by planning which foe you gonna attack first. Try to decrease their numbers by killing the weaker ones first, it's basic war strategy.

The game has the pre-defined encounter feature, meaning that you can get the first strike in battle and that gives a huge advantage to your team, make sure you abuse of it.

Spell casting increases by leveling your element though eggs and the second secret method of skills always increases the speed of techs. If you get all the eggs and don't extract it until Baccula settlement, you can make powerful eggs and spells here. Just farm eggs in Baccula Ruins and the desert and fuse them to make more powerful eggs until you get the Ether Egg which max out all elements.

Don't look down to support skills and spells. WOW! increase some allies ATK by 30%, Diggin! increases all allies DEF and RES by 40% and Runner Increases one ally MOV and INI by 50%.

Status spells are good to use. Snooze, Craze has 60% to land Sleep and Confuse respectively, Fiora has 80% chances of silencing foes, Poizn deal damage and always poison the target as long targets don't have resistance against it.

You don't need much money until Baccula Settlement, so you can just farm items from the Mushrooms and chest, then sell some for good amount of money. As you reach Baccula Settlement you can make Ether Eggs which are the most powerful eggs in the game. Extract the spells of it and sell them. This is by far the best method to farm money. Also some chests in Baccula Ruins contain Topaz Ring which can be sold for some money while you're farming bomb, stone and Flare eggs.

Aerial combos are a pain to land, indeed. Complex systems like this are hard to keep up in any RPG. but here are some tips how to set enemies for aerial combos;

1 - Cancel foe action with critical attack.
2 - Critical attack one foe while it is out of balance, knocked down*
3 - Spells Crackle, Tremor, Quake and Howslash.
4 - Skill combo Perception + Counter + Warp movement footwear.

*getting attacked, Freeze, Paralyzed, Sleeping, etc...

There are setups that makes this game easy and I'll be posting videos about it (soon I hope) and how to make this game easier.

---
---
---
My youtube Channel : http://www.youtube.com/user/RED0ODA