Normal for boss fights to take light years?

#21RED_ODAPosted 10/25/2012 7:57:05 PM
Well just to add, the leveling is scaled down in Grandia III so your characters never get hideously overpowered no matter how hard you grind. You only gain between 1-3 points per statistic when you level up. They did that so that the game stays challenging. You have to focus on your equipment, skill and egg setup as well as your tactics rather than your levels in this game.

Well said.

---
---
---
My youtube Channel : http://www.youtube.com/user/RED0ODA
#22DragonSamuraiPosted 10/26/2012 5:07:04 PM
They likely figured after Grandia Xtreme, which is a nonstop power climb, that you can get overwhelmingly strong very easily so they altered the calculations for this Grandia to make it more challenging and make you rely less on level ups. The final boss is still quite capable of killing Yuki and company even at Level 99 with all the best stuff equipped.
---
"You're turning into a real human being. You're beginning to confuse generosity with stupidity." Odd to Aelita (Code Lyoko)
#23lovehate776(Topic Creator)Posted 10/27/2012 2:46:12 AM
DragonSamurai posted...
They likely figured after Grandia Xtreme, which is a nonstop power climb, that you can get overwhelmingly strong very easily so they altered the calculations for this Grandia to make it more challenging and make you rely less on level ups. The final boss is still quite capable of killing Yuki and company even at Level 99 with all the best stuff equipped.

Blasphemy, i defeated the final boss with a level 43 party with very minimal healing. Very disappointing i might add to have all these healing items stock piled to never have to use them. That Jewel boss put up more of a fight than the final boss of this game as that was my own boss related game over I've ever seen.
---
"These fluoride heads obsess only on game related issues"
#24DragonSamuraiPosted 10/27/2012 10:06:20 AM
How nice for you. I said "quite capable". His attacks can still get through and damage you even at 99.
---
"You're turning into a real human being. You're beginning to confuse generosity with stupidity." Odd to Aelita (Code Lyoko)
#25RED_ODAPosted 10/29/2012 10:17:27 PM
His attacks can still get through and damage you even at 99.

Very well said, since the boss can act five times while your team acts one time, it's very possible to happen.

---
---
---
My youtube Channel : http://www.youtube.com/user/RED0ODA