Finally started playing (spoikers)

#11completeboy(Topic Creator)Posted 3/13/2013 10:07:43 PM
that is nice to know thanks pal for being here. so I assume I will get to travel in boat from now onwards.

the battle system is so wonderfully tight that at times its plain cancellation and at times one can get excellence, its not too predictable, that's the magic of grandia's battle system. I think I can finish this game faster then star ocean 3. o well till next week I have to wait.
---
i am in love albeit its one-sided as of yet.
#12Magic_warlock90Posted 3/16/2013 7:34:42 PM
How far have you gotten now?
---
I don't know if we're talking about food or sex at this point, but I couldn't really care less.
~hondacbr1
#13completeboy(Topic Creator)Posted 3/20/2013 10:09:44 PM
yesterday, i reached the temple and after the events went back to mendi. I just do not like how hero's mother is having affair or probable marriage to Alonso. right now the game seems average due to the way the villain was introduced, but the battle system is a gem and so are the graphics.
---
#14completeboy(Topic Creator)Posted 3/20/2013 10:44:35 PM
the guardian aspect was in part 2 (which ffx copied in my opinion) and the same thing here is ridiculous.
---
#15RED_ODAPosted 4/2/2013 10:09:57 PM
I love when I get to the desert camp, here is where then fun starts with massive egg farming and grinding. I plan someday release a detailed guide video of this game.

---
---
---
My youtube Channel : http://www.youtube.com/user/RED0ODA
#16shivaPosted 4/9/2013 12:20:45 AM
completeboy posted...
and its as usual grandia brand gameplay, which is plain awesome, reached the beach.

anyways I have high expectations, except for the story, I am expecting intense boss battles, I just had to restart from my first loss against the boss.

You are in for a treat. I believe Grandia 2 has the best incarnation of the series' battle system, because nothing can compete with total freedom in terms of what skills/special/magic to learn, but this game had, by far, the most addictive battles. For one reason alone: come DVD2, even regular battle enemies can be menacing. There's even tougher than usual regular enemies that can be found. And yes, the difficulty of the boss fights in this Grandia is finally done right. Unless you grind, you will find the hardest Grandia bosses here. Enjoy. I personally think the story was an 8/10 10 hours into it, while at the end it's something like a 2/10 for me, so I recommend not to set your hopes up on that end.

I advise going to the settings menu and turning off the Strategic Advice option. Being told when to cancel stuff in a Grandia is almost like cheating.
---
"Hurry up and make me the star of the sequel!" - Super Zur confirms Guardian Heroes 2!
#17completeboy(Topic Creator)Posted 4/12/2013 5:04:10 AM
shiva posted...
completeboy posted...
and its as usual grandia brand gameplay, which is plain awesome, reached the beach.

anyways I have high expectations, except for the story, I am expecting intense boss battles, I just had to restart from my first loss against the boss.

You are in for a treat. I believe Grandia 2 has the best incarnation of the series' battle system, because nothing can compete with total freedom in terms of what skills/special/magic to learn, but this game had, by far, the most addictive battles. For one reason alone: come DVD2, even regular battle enemies can be menacing. There's even tougher than usual regular enemies that can be found. And yes, the difficulty of the boss fights in this Grandia is finally done right. Unless you grind, you will find the hardest Grandia bosses here. Enjoy. I personally think the story was an 8/10 10 hours into it, while at the end it's something like a 2/10 for me, so I recommend not to set your hopes up on that end.

I advise going to the settings menu and turning off the Strategic Advice option. Being told when to cancel stuff in a Grandia is almost like cheating.

thanks for the details but what did you mean about cancel stuff?

anyways I have decided to finish pending games from now on and due to that resolution only I was able to finish suikoden 5, its time to finish tales of the abyss and then ffx-2 and wild arms 3 so it will take months and I shall post here as and when needed in then. hope oda and others will be around later as well since the board seems dead.
---
#18completeboy(Topic Creator)Posted 4/12/2013 8:25:56 PM
now I get it, I think you are referring to cancel the attack of the enemies.

about grandia 2, I did indeed enjoyed the game, it has a rather great storyline and I have even mentioned in ffx board that that game has copied story from grandia 2. the real problem with grandia 2 was the graphical slowdown which occurs more in towns, and the lack of option to return back to previous areas.
---
#19TopperCopPosted 5/2/2013 12:08:32 AM(edited)
In Grandia 2, it is too easy to abuse super skills like Fallen Wings or White Apocalypse even early in the game. You can buy 99 copies of SP restoratives and hack through entire dungeons with it alone if you desire to do so, which is actually cheaper than upgrading equipment.

In Grandia Xtreme the equipment is completely broken. Elven Boots + Protect Eggs make the Vortex Corridor a joke, if an extremely long one.
#20VyseLegendairePosted 6/1/2013 11:51:12 PM
TC, you've decided to finishing pending games only, so you are stopping playing Grandia III half way through in order to finish other RPGs, I'm guessing from the start? Why doesn't Grandia III count as a pending game, eh? Finish it and give us your impressions :)
---
"Why the hell would the director decide to use the sounds of happy children if we were supposed to interpret that humanity had been destroyed?"