Just replayed this game for the first time in ages.

#1VyseLegendairePosted 9/7/2013 4:15:51 PM
So when I first bought and finished this game I thought it was quite a let down compared to Grandia II.

::spoilers::

But man oh man. I did not remember how badly the plot was botched toward the end there. Man this game deserves a big WTF in every area other than combat, and maybe world graphics. Can't believe the cheap crap they pulled with the worthless characters, pointless deaths, lack of character development, and mixed up message (or lack thereof).

Oh man I hope Takeshi Miyaji can find it in his heart to forgive the planners of this game in the afterlife. It sucks but after seeing that I've kind of lost hope for a real sequel to this game at this point.
---
"Why the hell would the director decide to use the sounds of happy children if we were supposed to interpret that humanity had been destroyed?"
#2FooFightersFanPosted 9/8/2013 12:42:59 PM
Its been a good 7 or 8 years since i played this I think, can you review what happens at the end? I hardly remember any of this game's plot, characters, etc.

Just a quick spoiler would do and why exactly they botched it so bad. I remember it being terrible but I don't remember why and I don't feel like replaying it.
#3RED_ODAPosted 9/10/2013 7:07:24 AM
I play this game once in a while and I agree that this game sucks in every departament but graphics and battle system. I found extremely hard to cancel enemy attacks, something that is the key of this battle system, but the skill system is great compared with the other games specially Grandia X where you could abuse of the skill system and make your characters way too OP.
---
---
My youtube Channel : http://www.youtube.com/user/RED0ODA
#4cyan1001Posted 9/22/2013 1:41:01 AM
i like the game
#5Bull422Posted 9/24/2013 7:16:34 PM
I also felt the story was an incomplete mess with characters coming and going without any wrap up, certain character's motivations that were never explained, and that worthless ending. Graphics were good. The battle system (the obvious star of the game) was fun for awhile up until the latter half of the game when monster's INI (speed) got so high that any attempts of cancelling their attacks pretty much was a waste of time.

A shame since the game had so much potential. If only Square-Enix would overhaul it like they did with Final Fantasy 14. Or better yet how about Grandia IV?
---
I AM AN SAGE! All Wise! All Knowing! All Powerful! Still Living in a Trailer with my MOM.
R.I.P. Snowflake (1986?-2009)
#6FooFightersFanPosted 10/7/2013 10:31:04 AM
Bull422 posted...
I also felt the story was an incomplete mess with characters coming and going without any wrap up, certain character's motivations that were never explained, and that worthless ending. Graphics were good. The battle system (the obvious star of the game) was fun for awhile up until the latter half of the game when monster's INI (speed) got so high that any attempts of cancelling their attacks pretty much was a waste of time.

A shame since the game had so much potential. If only Square-Enix would overhaul it like they did with Final Fantasy 14. Or better yet how about Grandia IV?

I'd like to see another Grandia game even if it was as bad as this one!