This was actually quite a bit of fun

#1kiahPosted 11/29/2013 2:27:00 AM
Well, I just got done playing Grandia 1, 2, Xtreme, and 3 in order since I had some time off. I had never played 3 before, in part because I had heard very terrible things about it. Playing them all back to back like that was really quite fun. I got a much better feel for the little touches that linked the series.

I guess I learned my entertainment bar is set a lot lower than most people's, because I thoroughly enjoyed this game. The battle system was so fun it became quite addicting. Additionally, I didn't find the story to be quite so terrible as everyone had led me to believe. It's not going to win the Nobel Prize in literature, but it held my interest enough to make playing fun.

Anyway, glad I finally decided to give it a try. A big shout out to RED_ODA for a lot of helpful and informative posts.

I also enjoyed the FAQ by A Backdated Future, which I consulted so I wouldn't miss any important items.
---
Q: What do you get when you cross an insomniac, an agnostic, and a dyslexic?
A: Someone who stays up all night wondering if there is a Dog. G. Marx
#2InfinyGodslayerPosted 11/29/2013 11:54:31 AM
Most people just complain about this game based on some review the read or video they watched. This game is quite good. At least its better than any FF I've played in this generation.
---
"A god...The universe is full of gods. Who is mortal..." Gabriel Celeste - Valkyrie Profile 2 Silmeria.
#3Hito_ShuraPosted 12/1/2013 1:54:24 PM
Agreed,great game,what it lacks in story it compensates in gameplay music and dat visuals.
#4FinalFLuverPosted 12/2/2013 9:58:39 PM
the only thing I didn't like about this game was that Miranda and Alonzo left the party. Aside from that, I loved every part of it
---
Girls play video games too you know ;)
#5RED_ODAPosted 12/10/2013 5:01:50 PM
I've spent like 500 hours playing this game and I can say for sure that its a great game, its battle system is superb and fun.

In my opinion Grandia 3 was one of the last great RPGs.
---
---
My youtube Channel : http://www.youtube.com/user/RED0ODA
#6FooFightersFanPosted 12/13/2013 6:49:16 AM
FinalFLuver posted...
the only thing I didn't like about this game was that Miranda and Alonzo left the party. Aside from that, I loved every part of it

Well, I can agree with the first sentence here. After those two left it completely ruined the game for me. They were setting up a decent story but it was really disappointing.

The combat was good and the game looked nice, but I think the I was expecting a good story since Grandia 1 and 2 were its predecessors and this game just did not live up to the name. I also preferred the skill/mana egg system of Grandia Xtreme, so I felt that this game made no steps forward at all.