Can you become a pirate in Fable II?

#1HeroC114Posted 10/12/2008 10:26:09 PM
With all this talk about real world pirating, is it possible to become an actual pirate(the whole stereo type, with the eye patch and Captain Morgan like clothing) in game?

There is a sea in the game, but I wonder if boats could actually be purchasable, or will they be a story kind of thing, like transport is in World of Warcraft(scripted destinations).

Last question, if a person downloaded this game illegally, would their version of the game come with an eye patch and a parrot?

P.S. Anyone else pissed off at how Pirates of the Caribbean and Disney glorify pirating by making them look like freaking Robin Hood?

Those guys were thieves, murderers, and rapists.

To balance it out, they have to make a trilogy of films starring Jackie Chan, about being a ninja and being able to fly around and kill things at high speeds while saving the world from evil.
#2soundnekoPosted 10/12/2008 10:29:08 PM
A special kinda pirate...indeed....
---
||Currently Playing|| - Gta4 MP, Counter-Strike : Source and Warhammer Online
||Currently Waiting For|| - Fallout 3 and Fable 2 Xbox360 [[GT - Soundn3ko]]
#3NightHawk7535Posted 10/12/2008 10:31:36 PM
You can't buy boats or sail them. You can look like a pirate however.
#4Advanced_Koko8Posted 10/12/2008 10:36:54 PM
One of the things that were cut from this game were the ability to sail the seas and possibly become a pirate. PM said that they cut it out because it wasn't as "deep" as the rest of the features, and I guess everyone could live with no seafaring.
---
Members of the Church of Satan don't worship Satan.
#5KluggyPosted 10/12/2008 10:37:48 PM
[This message was deleted at the request of a moderator or administrator]
#6ronnetPosted 10/12/2008 10:43:12 PM

With all this talk about real world pirating, is it possible to become an actual pirate(the whole stereo type, with the eye patch and Captain Morgan like clothing) in game?

Yes, you can dress like a pirate, Fable 2 takes place in that time period after all. Plus the 'evil' town looks like that pirate town from pirates of the carribean.

There is a sea in the game, but I wonder if boats could actually be purchasable, or will they be a story kind of thing, like transport is in World of Warcraft(scripted destinations).

There is a sea but it looks liek you cant go in it (you can swim in lakes and rivers). IF there are boats then most liekly you can buy them since your sepose to be able to buy everything. Just dont expect them to do anything.

Last question, if a person downloaded this game illegally, would their version of the game come with an eye patch and a parrot?

No, It has Molyneux in a thong but that's about it.

P.S. Anyone else pissed off at how Pirates of the Caribbean and Disney glorify pirating by making them look like freaking Robin Hood?

Nah, it brought pirates back to the mainstream audience and because of that it's used more in other stuff aswell. Fable 2 might not have had this setting if it wasnt for POTC.

#7Knight_Rider_3KPosted 10/12/2008 10:44:39 PM
There has to be some sailing. One of the images unlocked in the pub games shows an island dungeon.
---
XBL/PSN: Dark Knight 2K
Just looking for the love a good woman!
#8SomnolPosted 10/12/2008 10:46:42 PM
Yes, Fable 2 would have this setting if not for PotC. The setting is based on the movie Brotherhood of the Wolf. But yeah, no sailing and such. You should be able to look like a pirate though.
#9ronnetPosted 10/12/2008 10:49:21 PM

Somnol posted...
Yes, Fable 2 would have this setting if not for PotC. The setting is based on the movie Brotherhood of the Wolf. But yeah, no sailing and such. You should be able to look like a pirate though.

Really? I just posted the equipment from that movie in another thread on the front page. Did Lionhead say they based it on BotW? IF so then that's good news for my favorite equipment!

What I mean to say with PotC is that they might have gotten their ideas from other sources but PotC showed them that it was ok to use that period.

#10EclipseScythePosted 10/12/2008 10:52:30 PM
pirates are for nerds. All the Cool Kids are being fanny bandits now.
---
"Oh dude, than you can get like 2 crunchwraps and some cinnamon twists.Cinnamon twists are F***ing epic."~sonnymoonshine