Solution to "The Rescue" Quest

#1stupidape1Posted 10/27/2008 1:33:04 AM
The Rescue quest only happens if you have a child and he/she runs away to become like a hero so you have to accept a mission to rescue him/her.

YOU MUST HAVE UNLOCKED THE CRUCIBLE QUEST IN ORDER FOR THIS TO WORK.

The problem (there's 3 problems):

1.When you accept the quest, your spouse will follow you even when you dismiss him/her.

2. At the end of the quest, the child you rescued will enter a "zombie" state any will not follow you or respond to any expressions.

3. On top of all that, you cannot leave the area or the quest will restart again...

The solution (follow these steps):

1. Get to the part where your wife/husband is following you BEFORE YOU ENTER THE CAVE. (reload your save if you have to.)

2. Teleport to the Crucible (press start, go to quests, click the crucible quest and teleport there)

3. When you enter the crucible door, your wife or husband will FINALLY stop following you.

4. Finish the crucible (I think you have to finish it in order to leave...)

5. Teleport back to the rescue quest (press start, quests, click the rescue and teleport there)

6. Finish the rescue and your wife/husband will be waiting when you exit the cave so you can finally complete the quest.

I AM NOT SURE IF THIS WAS FOUND BY SOMEONE ELSE BEFORE ME BUT I JUST WANTED TO SHARE WHAT I FOUND ON MY OWN.

Hope this helps.
#2stupidape1(Topic Creator)Posted 10/27/2008 7:19:31 PM
Bump
#3Jam182Posted 10/28/2008 2:17:20 PM
Works this!

Thanks a lot