How to be young again (SPOILERS!!) tested and working!!!

#11nitraM_nadnerBPosted 10/28/2008 3:36:15 AM
but can you do it multiple times, not to get young again but the to keep getting rid of the scars??
#12zherokPosted 10/28/2008 3:41:49 AM
I had the quest show back up in my quest log after beating the game. I'm not sure it's the same quest though, but it makes it sound like it is. Presumably you could do it again if that's supposed to happen.

I get the feeling that might be a bug, along with your character de-aging in the first place. The quest itself gives a reward, and it doesn't really hint at fixing your character. It may be related to what happens in the quest itself, but hard to tell at the moment.
---
If a yellow monkey gives you a present, is it a red monkey? - Engrish quote
#13HereticNakorPosted 10/28/2008 3:47:24 AM
Thanks for explaining!

So you become young again but you keep your grey hair?
#14ryohayabusa4w(Topic Creator)Posted 10/28/2008 3:47:55 AM
well i though that chesty was a girl since i have a localized version and she's reffered as a "she"
about the quest.it can be done multiple times (as you go to sleep on that bed you'll be moved to that weird place and one needs to get out iof the place in order to return back to bowerstone tower),but it won't make you any younger nor will remover the scars again
it's glitched though since it can be done entirely 2 times(going back to your childhood as you enter).
once before beating the ga,e and once after.also it rewards you 100.000gold on both times(pre ending ,post ending)
#15ryohayabusa4w(Topic Creator)Posted 10/28/2008 3:49:11 AM
no dude no gray hair at all.the hair will be kinda yellowish according yo your alignment.my character was evil with dark brown hairs
#16zherokPosted 10/28/2008 3:55:30 AM
"Thanks for explaining!

So you become young again but you keep your grey hair?"

Not entirely. It's part of the reason I suspect it's a bug. Holding on to the seal caused the aging and white hair, along with the eyes and the scars. I then did the tower quest, which removed all but the white hair. I then beat the game, did some stuff after, and then started a new game to go try the evil choices. Later, I loaded my first character back up and my hair was colored; I could dye it when it was white, and it'd show in the dye screen, but not in game. But having quit the game and loaded it back, my hair was the color I had tried to dye it when it was stuck as white, and I could dye it or remove the dye and have it be the proper color, along with the age reset staying.

So that, and the quest not mentioning anything about it, make me believe it's not intended and just a side effect of something to do with swapping out your character or whatever during the quest, although a later story quest does the same exact thing... One difference though, may be that in the Chesty quest, you have the weapons your character had equipped when you went to sleep. All other iterations of playing your childhood self are given the toy sword and popgun. All speculation on my part, so who knows?
---
#17ryohayabusa4w(Topic Creator)Posted 10/28/2008 4:04:15 AM
I SEE
well it's certanly a glitch and not a reward
well i didn't keep the seal(even though my character was evil) and when i finished that quest my character was entirely young again(dark brown hair,super young skin etc)
so it appears that if one keeps the seal the hero will be stuck with white hairs,not a big deal since you can dye your hair isn't it?
#18zherokPosted 10/28/2008 4:09:31 AM
I only tried dying it after doing the tower quest, but I'm assuming hair dyes don't "take" after that. The white isn't a hair dye, it's a whole different texture applied to your hair. Again, the dying showed up in the dye screen, the model in the menu would change hair colors and so forth, but in game, it was white, even after doing the tower quest, at least until I reloaded.
---
#19SilentWar81Posted 10/28/2008 5:36:29 AM
Uh for me, my hair turned Gray and my eyes glowed red but that was really it. Who cares?
#20Super-SamioPosted 10/28/2008 5:27:19 PM

zhekthek posted...
"Thanks for explaining!

So you become young again but you keep your grey hair?"

Not entirely. It's part of the reason I suspect it's a bug. Holding on to the seal caused the aging and white hair, along with the eyes and the scars. I then did the tower quest, which removed all but the white hair. I then beat the game, did some stuff after, and then started a new game to go try the evil choices. Later, I loaded my first character back up and my hair was colored; I could dye it when it was white, and it'd show in the dye screen, but not in game. But having quit the game and loaded it back, my hair was the color I had tried to dye it when it was stuck as white, and I could dye it or remove the dye and have it be the proper color, along with the age reset staying.

So that, and the quest not mentioning anything about it, make me believe it's not intended and just a side effect of something to do with swapping out your character or whatever during the quest, although a later story quest does the same exact thing... One difference though, may be that in the Chesty quest, you have the weapons your character had equipped when you went to sleep. All other iterations of playing your childhood self are given the toy sword and popgun. All speculation on my part, so who knows?
---

just to be clear, did doing this quest remove all the effects of reavers quest ? (after a reload)

im vain.