So, what is the best ranged weapon in this game?

#1AXjpacPosted 11/11/2008 11:30:56 PM
I have a Master Flintlock Rifle with Piercing Agony and Lucky Charm Augments. With max accuracy and max dex styles, I pop caps left and right, and its pretty sweet. Oh and the quick reload-shoot thing is so easy with flintlock rifle. This is my current fave.

But I don't have any legendary weapons. The Enforcer has ridiculously high base damage, but as with any of those shotgun type guns, they're useless in real ranged combat. Oh yeah but it looks like a ****ing cannon and it is so bad ass.

The Red Dragon and Perforator look nice. But I don't know any of the actual damage per second statistics of these legendary weapons, seeing as how I don't have any of them.

So maybe anyone with more knowledge about these weapons could contribute their opinion (oh yeah I don't know how these weapons look either and looks matter to me), I'd be greatly appreciative.
#2PanzerfaustMonkPosted 11/11/2008 11:45:00 PM
The Red Dragon is like a freakin' machine gun, especially when using the cross-hair aiming (I don't know why, but it's faster).
I like it lots.
---
-= Students for an Orwellian Society =-
Because 2008 is 24 years too late. (http://www.studentsfororwell.org)
#3I_am_MythPosted 11/11/2008 11:45:38 PM
The Red Dragon is, IMO, the best legendary ranged weapon you can get. It has low base damage, but with how fast it fires, you do more damage in a given amount of time. Even more than the Enforcer.
If you go into precision aim, and then tap y in the right rhythm, you can fire insanely fast
---
"I do not know why you continue you to post your loptarded comments because it just shows you are Captain cry asshat."-gandob
#4RevanExilePosted 11/11/2008 11:49:47 PM
Go beat top score on Westcliff Shooting Range and get a Red Dragon. I trust that gun more than my own dog.
---
Republicans are a joke
Democrats are the punch line
#5AzureDownfallPosted 11/11/2008 11:51:40 PM
With a simple mix of Time Control and the Enforcer you are mostly unstoppable. You can dash about and toss out mid range headshots which do insane damage. The spread of the shots isn't enough to swap it out for long range either as normally 1 or 2 pellets will be enough to put anything down. I used the Red Dragon for quite a while but the quick speed on it isn't enough to push it above the enforcer when you can put down 2-3 enemies with its spread in close quarters alone.

I know many prefer the Red Dragon but give it a shot and see what you think.
#6AXjpac(Topic Creator)Posted 11/13/2008 11:43:01 AM
****. what if I'm not good at the shooting range thing.

What gun should I use there? I've been using flintlock for everything, and I'm guessing maybe I should use a faster weapon. I'll go do that now. =D
#7vice0Posted 11/13/2008 12:02:33 PM
Use a clockwork pistol (master if you can) and go for headshots. It might take a few tries, but you should get it eventually.
---
You would make an excellent blind person.
#8zeppelin124xPosted 11/13/2008 12:15:09 PM
Getting headshots is the key.
---
stercus accidit
#9chaosknight07Posted 11/13/2008 12:18:40 PM
What are you guys talking about? I can kill people from a ways away with the enforcer. Especially in Rookridge on the way to the Rookridge inn where there are those bandits trying to snipe you from that cliff area. I just aim for the head and they were dead in one hit.
---
Ford Mustang GT: $20K. Cherry bomb exhaust: $1500. Have every car alarm go off as you drive:priceless
#10AXjpac(Topic Creator)Posted 11/13/2008 12:33:43 PM
oh my. the red dragon's damage per second is just ridiculous. i guess i'll do that *** **** with the farmer dude to get the enforcer now.