Can you play this in 3rd person?

#1Shiro_IchimuraPosted 8/24/2008 1:42:22 PM
Sorry if it's been asked, but I'm not a fan of 1st person RPGs, so in this game can you run, fight, cast spells in 3rd person or is combat and everything restricted to first person view?

---
"You will be baked, and then there will be cake." - GLaDOS
For your health.
#2ic3XcoldXsnip3rPosted 8/24/2008 1:44:17 PM
you can play in 3rd person(click right thumb stick) as much as you want, but its obvious the the game was made for 1st person.
---
I am home take me drunk.
#3Shiro_Ichimura(Topic Creator)Posted 8/24/2008 1:44:52 PM
Alright thanks.

---
"You will be baked, and then there will be cake." - GLaDOS
For your health.
#4uberlightningPosted 8/24/2008 1:45:31 PM
no press on right stick to go to third person at any time and you can still do everything.
---
o==[];;;;;;;;;;/
#5Shadow_Link50Posted 8/24/2008 2:25:49 PM
After you get used to the game being in 1st person though it makes alot of sense and works fairly well.
#6KluggyPosted 8/24/2008 2:54:24 PM
the game sucks if you try playing it in third person though.. a good third person substitute for this game is two worlds (i hate that game though)
---
90% of teenagers have turned to rap... the other 10% still listen to real music
Music is like candy, you gotta throw out the rappers.
#7TheNinjaGuyPosted 8/24/2008 3:06:12 PM
it's difficult to pick up stuff or fight at a range(range spells or bows) in third person.

~TNG
#8bibfortuna25Posted 8/24/2008 4:17:15 PM
First person is only good for archery and ranged magic. Third person is best for everything else.

---
Xbox Live Gamertag: bibfortuna25
Please read the sticky before asking questions. It's there for a reason.
#9kungfaoPosted 8/24/2008 6:18:42 PM
i play in 3rd person for my mage and archer its not that hard i use their head as the reticule and i zoom in on the character by holding the right thumb stick and pressing LT so the camera isnt far away
---
if you are reading this then it means i have spoken
#10nabuchPosted 8/25/2008 6:53:14 AM
I cannot play first person games at all, so I stayed away from this game until now. I've played over 45 hours totally in third person. Anyone who thinks it can not be played this way hasn't done it. This is the same game as Two Worlds, but with side stepping. The more you play it in third person, the more amazed you become at how good it is. It is better in third person than first.