Goblin Wars!!!

#1phors8Posted 3/12/2009 6:57:55 AM

It's crazy fun to mess with goblins. I started the goblin trouble quest a few months ago, but I realized on my new profile that it's really awesome. I started watching the rock biter and bloody hand goblins fight, and it's really epic to watch, it's like the arena, but free. I just built some convenient paint brush stairs to get on the roofs of the unfinished cropsford building, and wait until night. (I took the tribal head as the quest tells yo too, and placed it in the other cave, but it was the wrong one, so now both tribes fight eachother, and they often clash in cropsford.) It's really fun to watch. You can also do this many other ways. After finding out this war thing, I looked it up on the uesp, and they had some really col ideas. I tryed the cloud ruler siege, and it was awesome. You just take all the tribal heads back to cloud ruler and battle wave after wave of goblins with the blades.

If anyone else has ideas for goblin things I can try, I'd be glad to know them. Thanls in advance.

#2LordTalynPosted 3/12/2009 7:25:18 AM
The cave where you got the totem, there is a second totem in that cave
I think there is a total of 7 Goblin Totems, which are in different cave/mines
8 if you count the goblin shaman staff from the tutorial.
So far I have 4 goblin totems and the shaman staff, only 3 totems to go.

---
Lord Talyn: Good and Evil are only ideas...but did you notice the side of good always attacks first, killing anyone in their way for the sake of justice?
#3Ryo_HazzukiPosted 3/12/2009 9:13:23 AM
I heard people say it was glitched, does it really work?
---
Terry: "Well...I guess there's more to school boy than meets the eye."
#4LordTalynPosted 3/12/2009 9:41:06 AM
Yeah they do, it just takes a long time for goblins to arrive.
It depends on where the staffs are dropped.
I haven't had any problems with them =/
They work for me.
The locations for the staffs are:
Crackwood - 1 totem (*) (*)possible to have both of these in the same cave
Timberscar - 1 totem (*)
Wenderbeck (Cave not ruins) - 1 totem
Plundered Mine - 1 totem
Barren Mine - 1 totem
Derelict Mine - Has 2 goblin totems
Tutorial - Goblin Shaman Staff (doesn't attract goblins i don't think)
---
Lord Talyn: Good and Evil are only ideas...but did you notice the side of good always attacks first, killing anyone in their way for the sake of justice?
#5kevindrosarioPosted 3/12/2009 11:10:38 AM
As far as I know, the AI for the goblins to chase after the staffs wasn't even implemented outside the Goblin Trouble quest and it's impossible to start goblin wars outside this quest without using PC mods. That's what it said on UESP last time I checked.
#6LordTalynPosted 3/12/2009 4:42:42 PM
Well it works for me on the Xbox 360
The Dust eaters, Sharptooth and Bloodyhand were fighting in Skingrad earlier for me.
I got them all lined up on the balcony.
You know what the funniest thing is...is anyone can edit that site like wikipedia...
So....it won't have everything and some things are occasionally wrong.. =/
But in my case all the goblin staffs I have seem to attract their tribe except the Goblin Shaman staff which i dont think even works like the totems... but it still annoys me because in the tutorial they couldve given us a regular looking staff....
---
#7kevindrosarioPosted 3/12/2009 6:33:03 PM
Maybe it was changed in a patch at some point. I haven't played Oblivion in a long time and I remember nobody was able to get this to work about a year ago.

And I've never seen anything that was wrong on the UESP. I even tried putting wrong information on there to test them and it was corrected in 15 minutes.