Recharging Magicka Under the Atronach Sign

#1LordMagusPosted 4/16/2009 5:11:05 PM
In Morrowind, the Atronach sign was great because you could easily recharge by summoning a ghost and punching it until it used some Drain spells on you, which refilled a ton of Magicka. Is there any similar tactic in this game, or do Atronachs basically have to carry around potions/welkynd stones or find Ayleid wells?
---
Say, can you hear that? It's the sound of the Reaper...
#2angelsdontkillPosted 4/16/2009 5:42:51 PM
UESP.net:

Having active Spell Absorption effects can block the use of a Telekinesis spell. Because spell absorption returns the base cost of a spell, absorbing a Telekinesis spell at Mysticism levels above 33 will actually cause an increase in Magicka. Absorbing at 100 Mysticism returns 5 times the nominal cost, so this is an effective way for Atronach-birthsign characters to regain Magicka.
#3LordMagus(Topic Creator)Posted 4/16/2009 6:16:59 PM
Hmm, that might do. Thank you.
---
#4Purple_CheetahPosted 4/17/2009 6:50:38 AM
Not sure if it's still present, but I remember reading that atronoch characters could stand infront of the people casting in mage related buildings(guild/university).
Refering to the people who send random spells towards metal plates for training.
They apparently don't stop and you'll absorb the magicka while standing in their path.
---
I'm endangered... Mentally
#5Darkman124Posted 4/17/2009 6:59:41 AM
[This message was deleted at the request of the original poster]
#6AudioAutomicaPosted 4/17/2009 7:30:17 AM
Go to the Lucky Lady Statue in Bravil, you can activate it as frequently as you choose, and it casts a spell (fortify Luck 10 points for 720 secs IIRC) which you can absorb.
---
!!!I'LL PROLAPSE YOUR ENTIRE BODY, HONEY!!!
#7LordMagus(Topic Creator)Posted 4/17/2009 11:21:47 AM
The problem with most of these is that they require you to go somewhere specific, which isn't very convenient when out exploring and such.
---
#8tuchPosted 4/17/2009 11:31:32 AM
Then carry Restore Magicka potions.
---
"Wrong again, idiot." ~ Prof. Farnsworth
http://img214.imageshack.us/img214/6963/profer0.gif