Unarmed/Fist fighting totally overpowered?

#1PiratPosted 10/27/2010 10:57:07 AM
Ok, so i just started this game as a warrior character. i killed my first crabs, wolves and bandits outside with sword + shield. it was ok. not great, but ok. then i tried the arena. and it was very frustrating, because it took ages to kill npcs that have sword/mace + shield.

so i deceided to try fist fighting for fun. and i was shocked that my fists did 10 times as much damage as sword fighting does. and since theres a chance to knock your opponent down too, its really totally easy.
about 5 fist hits vs. 50 sword hits.

so my question is: is this working as intended or is fist fighting bugged?
#2ChaoticGoodPosted 10/27/2010 11:08:01 AM
You must have an incredibly crappy sword. The max damage for unarmed is something like 13, swords can do several times more damage than that, cheesy self enchanted ones going 100+ per strike...

So no, it isn't overpowered normally, more like total crap in most situations. There is something strange going on in your game.

It is possible to win 1 vs 1 fights unarmed quite easily though, because it drains the opponent's stamina and after they are out they can't do anything. The problem is it still takes ages to kill any real enemy, and if there are several enemies you are going to have severe problems.
#3Pirat(Topic Creator)Posted 10/27/2010 11:12:37 AM
well i use a starter one hand sword. at the sword symbol it shows 3, if its damaged going down to 2. i guess thats the amound of damage it does?
i havent found a better sword yet. even this 2 handed swords i can "take" in the arena show only a 4 at the sword symbol.
mudcrabs die with one fist hit. with sword it takes at least 5.
#4Masamune_DSPosted 10/27/2010 11:44:24 AM
Blame your low Blade skill?
---
If a wizard turns me into Dawn then I would sooo touch myself every single night. ~ SoulGainDestiny