Oblivion is Cooler than Skyrim

#1GrayDeath88Posted 3/27/2012 11:33:40 AM
I love the juxtaposition of a vibrant, beautiful world with the evil, horror of the Oblivion crisis. The gore and brutality within the gates is awesome and terrific. Skyrim was kinda meh for me.
#2RebelElite791Posted 3/27/2012 9:35:55 PM
There is absolutely nothing evil about Daedra, and Skyrim is objectively better than Oblivion in every single way except for guilds. You are insane if you believe otherwise. This is fact.
---
Trust not the words of a poet, as he is born to seduce. Yet for poetry to seize the heart, it must ring with the chimes of truth.
#3masterpug53Posted 3/28/2012 6:51:48 AM
No way TC, Skyrim smokes - its a cool rebel game. Seriously, it struggles so hard to keep itself running on the xbox that I'm pretty sure I have seen smoke come out of the disc drive.
---
Simple questions deserve long-winded answers that no one will bother to read.
#4GrayDeath88(Topic Creator)Posted 3/28/2012 7:40:08 AM
I still contend that Oblivion is Cooler. Oblivion Crisis > dragon threat.
#5RebelElite791Posted 3/28/2012 1:13:27 PM
GrayDeath88 posted...
I still contend that Oblivion is Cooler. Oblivion Crisis > dragon threat.

Mirror-brother of god of Time returning after being punted through time to fulfill his duty of ending this kalpa of the world and ushering in the next > Dagon trying to invade Tamriel for the lulz.
---
Trust not the words of a poet, as he is born to seduce. Yet for poetry to seize the heart, it must ring with the chimes of truth.
#6LazyShika_666Posted 3/29/2012 1:14:03 AM
Oblivion seems pretty basic coming back from Skyrim.

Have you actually tried playing Oblivion after playing Skyrim in depth? It's sad...

Oblivion's still better than Fallout 3 though. But it'd even be hard to pick Oblivion over New Vegas.
---
No Cats
No Cats
#7Art Of DrowningPosted 3/29/2012 3:33:49 AM
Yeah, well, Daggerfa-*gets shot*
---
"I hear the drum rolls thumping
And my heart starts jumping"
#8GrayDeath88(Topic Creator)Posted 3/29/2012 8:56:34 AM(edited)
Point: I said Oblivion is *cooler* not necessarily better. Demon gates opening everywhere, tortured humans skewered on rocks, hellspawn terrorizing the landside - to me that's cool. That's my point.

And, yes, I am currently playing Oblivion again and enjoying it very much. I enjoy the leveling sytem in IV and just finished maxing all my attributes, including Luck. Now I'm off to find Martin.
#9RebelElite791Posted 3/29/2012 12:45:48 PM
There are no demons in Oblivion. And your opinion is wrong.
---
#10RajhinPosted 3/29/2012 5:56:57 PM(edited)
RebelElite791 posted...
\Mirror-brother of god of Time returning after being punted through time to fulfill his duty of ending this kalpa of the world and ushering in the next > Dagon trying to invade Tamriel for the lulz.

Alduin isn't just the "mirror-brother of Akatosh." That's an extreme simplification. You can't just say one is Time God and the other is Space God no matter how many times you read et'Ada, Eight Daedra, Eat the Dreamer.

He isn't being punted through time to fulfill his duty of ending the kalpa. He was sent early. The kalpa does not end, but it still will, because as per The Seven Fights of the Aldudagga and Alduin's own words the kalpa must end. You simply send him forward in time to end it later. He'll eat the world again no matter what anyone says. Not that it matters, because the world will begin again and be exactly the same save for one change.

"Dagon trying to invade Tamriel for the lulz" is also a silly simplification. According to The Seven Fights of the Aldudagga; he was the Leaper Demon King before Alduin named him Dagon. By invading Tamriel, you could argue that he tries to end the kalpa early and simply wants to return to his original form as a Lesser Spirit.

RebelElite791 posted...
There are no demons in Oblivion. And your opinion is wrong.

The early First Era Imperial term for daedroth is demon or daimon.
http://www.imperial-library.info/content/oblivion

It is improper, however customary, to refer to the denizens of the dimension of Oblivion as "demons." This practice probably dates to the Alessian Doctrines of the First Era prophet Marukh -- which, rather amusingly, forbade "trafficke with daimons" and then neglected to explain what daimons were.
---
http://i.imgur.com/a1Ib5.jpg