How far do you think one could get using only a starting car?

#1Minun_WarriorPosted 12/28/2008 1:59:50 PM
I've been thinking about re-starting the game to find out.

I'm pretty sure the AI in this game is rubberband, so I suppose you could make it a good ways with a stock car, no upgrades, and a good bit further if you don't mind re-running difficult races several times.

I'd even run a competition if someone's interested, the one to get the furthest with a starting car wins. I'm not sure what would be offered as a prize, though, since this game has no online and I'm not going to offer real cash.

Post if you're interested.
---
Dark_Minun's new alt. When I'm out of town, this is what you'll see.
#2bigStinkyChiefPosted 1/2/2009 9:46:49 AM

i got pretty far with the cobalt.

#3dark_minunPosted 1/17/2009 12:21:52 PM
Haven't gotten around to re-starting yet, but I'm now thinking that if you can start with the Golf, there's a good chance you could beat 1/2 the game or more without upgrading.

The console versions let you start with the Golf by giving you 10K bonus if you've played Underground 2, does anyone remember if there's a similar method on GBA?
---
Bring back Vanilla Coke in Canada!! (started: 02/01/2009)
If 500 people donate one penny that's like a thousand dollars. - Timmy Duncan
#4dark_minunPosted 2/13/2009 9:45:06 PM
Maybe I will try that . . . . . at least it would give me something new to do in the game.

On the other hand, I went nuts with buying more GBA games lately and I've got 2 or 3 that still need to be beat. I'm not going to play a handheld at home when I could be playing a console either . . . . .
---
Bring back Vanilla Coke in Canada!! (started: 01/02/2009)
#5dark_minunPosted 3/12/2009 7:13:52 AM
What the heck . . . . . bump.
---
Like Forza 2? Looking for a relaxed forum with no topicality rules?
http://aeikostx.21.forumer.com/