Physical Damage powers and Strike

#1RPGNinja123Posted 9/18/2011 1:09:42 AM
If you see that someone has physical damage in their powers like Juggs' Thunder Punch power, does that mean if you increase his strike the damage for that power will also rise?
---
Xbox Live Gamertag: WeskerMaster (please state you are from GameFAQ)
#2robbobmurPosted 9/18/2011 8:08:46 AM
Yes , if you check the damage range in a power's description , it will increase as you increase the damage based on Strike points . ( for melee type powers )

However , there are glitches where the damage caused doesn't match the damage described ( either under powered or overpowered ) . There used to be a FAQS about these glitches , but it is gone now .
#3RPGNinja123(Topic Creator)Posted 9/22/2011 9:44:14 PM
Thanks for answering Rob, one more thing is what about powers like Magneto's telekinesis or whatever the first power was called... isn't that physical damage as well?
---
#4robbobmurPosted 9/23/2011 2:28:41 PM
Mag's Levitation is physical damage , but it's not a melee attack .

So, Strike- based damage doesn't effect it , I believe .

An easy way to check damage is put in your skill point and check damage range in a power's description ( but don't assign stat points yet ) . Check the damage caused , then put your stat points into strike and recheck for any damage increase .

In case you're new to this game , damaged caused will be displayed as little white numbers over an enemy after you execute an attack .
#5RPGNinja123(Topic Creator)Posted 9/23/2011 7:26:56 PM
Yeah I have played this game many times its just I never quite knew the mechanics of this game too well (big fan of ultimate alliance though) precciate all the help
---
#6ZekuMusashiPosted 9/24/2011 4:21:46 PM
On the topic of Strike-based powers, don't believe the prospected damage after equipping +Damage items.
+Damage just adds a straight bonus that doesn't get multiplied as advertised,
while the Elemental damage boni DO get used in the % calculations.

BTW, the boost from Elemental equips heavily outweighs Strike
so you should probably just put your points into Focus / Body instead.
---
You want an awesome free Collectible Card Game?
~~~~~~~~ www.cardmasterconflict.com ~~~~~~~~
#7RPGNinja123(Topic Creator)Posted 9/26/2011 8:41:24 AM
What do you mean by elemental equips? Like the ones where it adds elemental damage to your melee attacks?
---
#8ZekuMusashiPosted 9/26/2011 9:32:10 AM
^ Yep, Mental, Electricity and Energy, though you seem to have missed that those
(like Damage and Radiation) add the damage to ANY attack,
making anything not-damage-boosting kind of superfluous.
---
#9RPGNinja123(Topic Creator)Posted 9/26/2011 10:33:11 AM
Ah thanks for pointing this out, this wasn't considered a glitch was it? Like in MUA you had a couple of items that added power damage to ALL powers even though it really only stated it for a specific one.
---
#10ZekuMusashiPosted 9/26/2011 10:58:23 AM
^ Don't think that's a glitch (in this game), XML1 already had equips that gave everything a damage boost
(woot killing masses of enemies with 0 base damage debuffs).

Now, stuff like the aforementioned Elemental equips <-> Strike-based powers interaction
or +Damage adding massively to Radiation damage ticks, that's what I'd call a glitch.

*sigh* It's a shame I didn't save the Bugs/Glitches FAQ before it was removed
(and sadly, I had no luck with the Way Back Machine).
---