Coach's Season Goals

#1bubba246Posted 11/29/2008 7:06:38 PM
I had some down time for the Thanksgiving holiday, so I pulled out the ol' NCAA '06. I finished up whatever season I was in in my dynasty, and decided to switch schools. I went to South Florida in the middle of my contract, so of course my Coaching Prestige went from 6 stars to 5.

I filled out my schedule with as many top teams as I could (preseason #'s 1, 2, and 5). I was looking through the Coach's report card to check my goals for the season: finish in the top 3 of the Big East, beat a 5 or 6 prestige school, and beat my primary rival. I went 13-0, national championship. Funny thing is, I didn't have a rival on my schedule; I had to go to the "rivalry game" on the main menu to find out that it's UCF.

I say "funny thing," but that's only until I realized that my coaching prestige DROPPED the next season! I'm assuming it's because I didn't meet one of my goals. How's that for a fickle public? I bring lowly USF (3 star program at that point in my dynasty) a national championship at 13-0, including two wins over FSU, but I guess that just doesn't mean anything without a W over UCF. Note that I didn't remove UCF from the schedule; they were never there to begin with. I couldn't believe that I'd lose a prestige star for that. There's just no pleasing some people I guess.