Similar Games?

#1SeeD-LWPosted 12/13/2009 5:56:51 AM
Is there any current-gen game that resembles Onimusha? Aside from the Genji games (Dawn of the Samurai/Days of the Blade)?

I miss the kind of gameplay we got during Onimusha 3 ... Kuga/Chigo/Tenso/Enja/Raisen/Hyosai/Raizen/Senpumaru/Enryuu were such fun-to-play, awesome weapons.

I got my share of fun blasting away with Gilgamesh and Lucifer in DMC4; the only games I'm awaiting are Bayonetta and Darksiders. And God of War 3.
#2lvondasPosted 12/13/2009 6:09:02 AM
Well Shadow of Rome (PS2) was made by the same people and is one of the best games I've ever played in my life so check that out.

SoR, Oni 4 and DmC 3 and GoW 2 are the Big Four of PS2 action games IMO. My favorite genre as well. I can't wait for Bayonetta.
#3lvondasPosted 12/13/2009 6:13:24 AM
Oh and if you despartely want something current gen now, then get Ninja Gaiden 2. Ninja Gaiden Black is better I think but NG2 is more epic and high budget looking.

Maybe Ninja Blade, Conan, Batman Arkham Assylum...Warriors Orochi 2, Samurai/Dynasty Warriors....I'm moveing away from your rec a bit now but still good games.
#4lvondasPosted 12/13/2009 6:16:32 AM
Last I rec Prince of Persia (particularly Warrior Within). Previous gen and all but still worth it. I'm not sure about the new one cos I haven't played it and it seems liek its only 1on1 combat.
The way of the samurai series looks interesting too. Anyone here played them?
#5Final_Rocker99Posted 12/13/2009 10:29:07 AM
Castlevania: Curse of Darkness

---
"The Devil is never a maker. The less that you give you're a taker"
#6LordoftheCastlePosted 12/17/2009 6:51:41 AM
^ Lament of Innocence is better.
---
Meet me bak at mah castle 4 sum wiked storwies...
There will be delicious /cake/ :3
#7Leon FanPosted 12/18/2009 11:23:50 AM
Theres alot of haters saying one series is better than another but whatever I love the all. I like DMC, God Of War, and Onimusha. Im really looking forward to God Of War 3, Bayonetta, and Dante's Inferno
---
PSN: rtomblin Fav. Series: Resident Evil, Final Fantasy, Metal Gear Solid
Kingdom Hearts, Devil May Cry, Onimusha, Half Life, Dino Crisis, God Of War
#8Final_Rocker99Posted 1/14/2010 11:07:49 PM
^ Lament of Innocence is better.

That my friend would purely be a difference of opinion.

CoD has much better gameplay, is much longer, has much more things to do, way cooler bosses, and most importantly it has a Dawn of Dreams like style of gameplay.

LoI while a good game, is too short, no levelling up system, and is vastly inferior to CoD (but then again thats my opinion). The things LoI have better than CoD is a better storyline and a higher level of challenge.

---
"The Devil is never a maker. The less that you give you're a taker"
#9YO456Posted 2/14/2010 5:20:12 PM
I`ve never been a big fan of Shadow of Rome...I loved the combat, but the frequent stealth sections killed it for me, specially `cause of how derivative it was

The way of the samurai games are kinda like sandbox games in feudal japan, with a set amount of time to "select your own adventure" and stuff...The first one is too short and lineal if you want to get one ending or the other IMO, but the second one being longer and having more to do reall helps...still, nothing like the Onimusha games, I got WotS2 along with Onimusha 2 and they felt really diferent from the very beginning

That my friend would purely be a difference of opinion.

CoD has much better gameplay, is much longer, has much more things to do, way cooler bosses, and most importantly it has a Dawn of Dreams like style of gameplay.

LoI while a good game, is too short, no levelling up system, and is vastly inferior to CoD (but then again thats my opinion). The things LoI have better than CoD is a better storyline and a higher level of challenge.

I agree, it`s all a matter of opinion.

I personally prefered the gameplay in LoI, CoD was alright but Hector was waaayy too slow, he felt like a snail. The levels were longer but were pretty uninspired and felt like they were dragging on.

In LoI I actually liked the no leveling thing, it was more like the old castlevania games, more dependant on skill, but they could have made more weapons,items and relics available, there were way too few

Anyway, for games similar to Onimusha, Genji is the first one to come to mind, and I hear Sword of Etheria is kind of similar to DoD
---
John McClane: Oh, just a feeling I have.
Al Powell: Ouch. When you get those feelings, insurance companies start to go bankrupt-----Die Hard 2
#10BerserkNinjaPosted 3/7/2010 1:14:08 AM
Chaos Legion