Problem logging in to Relic Online - Ideas?

#1aussie_gamer13Posted 12/24/2009 6:28:31 AM

Note that this is the Opposing Fronts version, but the forums for COH:OP are nonexistant.

So recently I decided to start playing COH again. I launched the game, and it straight away asked me to insert my COH:OPdisc,and afterwards took mestraight to the main menu. Normally the game will automatically sign me in so I can play online games straight away, and not ask for disc confirmation. So I clicked Log in at the top right of the screen. What pops up is my name and password, but the Login, Create account, and Forgot Password? buttons are greyed out. After deleting my name and password and re entering it, or simply waiting awhile, only the "Login" button will appear as clickable. On attempting to login, the same "Please enter COH:OP disc" message comes up, and after "validating media... please wait" the game will take me back to the main menu, again not signed in and effectively taking me in a circle, which I again tried 5 times to no success. I also try to boot COH from my disc, with no difference.

Checking the website for updates, I see that there is a 2.601 patch, which I download manually (thinking strange that it didn't automatically download when I opened the game). After installing this, the exact same problems still occur, with myself wondering what the heck is happening.

Is there anything I can delete in the Company of Heroes preferences to reset the login or something? The only other way I can think of is to reinstall, and the prospect of downloading Gigabytes of patches it not very appealing to me.

#2BenBenBen93Posted 12/24/2009 7:59:44 AM

Same problem here kinda. just got anthology today, installed vallidated, eveythings OK. untill its says log and i cannot create an account thus i cannot play online game. LOAD OF bollocks

#3aussie_gamer13(Topic Creator)Posted 12/24/2009 9:56:54 PM

Problem solved - The Relic Online servers were down and no one could login at that time. I can now login fine.