Is The Thigh Kick Actually A Knee Lift?

#1roadwarrioracePosted 1/28/2012 8:17:56 PM
Is The Thigh Kick Actually A Knee Lift?

Like how they called the Handspring Elbow a Rolling Space Elbow.

Anybody?
#2RubberlegStreetPosted 2/7/2012 10:20:13 AM
It's a funny looking move and at first I thought it was some kind of weird punch to the ear but looking at it more carefully I have decided that it is indeed the pro rasslin knee lift since it does kick damage, and the pulling the head down part looks right.

I'm glad you brought this up because now my Jake Roberts has a proper knee lift even if it isn't a very well animated one.
#3fat davePosted 2/7/2012 11:21:36 PM
The thigh kick in standing is a kick to the thigh, and the thigh kick in front grapple is a kick using the upper thigh, more the hip than the thigh, actually, so think of it as a hipbutt.

Best real life American example I can give would be Andre the Giant. He'd do it a lot, where he'd grab the opponent and ram the the side of his hip/top of his thigh into the guy's face.
---
Needs moar piledrivers.
#4RubberlegStreetPosted 2/9/2012 7:40:24 AM
I see what you mean fat dave. There is no pro rasslin knee lift in this game then so I guess I'll give Jake Roberts something else since I don't like using substitute moves much anymore. I do sometimes use the backswitch as a substitute for the standing hammerlock though so maybe I'll give him one of those.

Speaking of Andre, when I first saw that they gave him a tombstone piledriver I thought they were nuts but it seems he really used to do that back when he was healthy. In the old days they called it a kneeling or reverse piledriver. Billy Robinson and Don Muraco used that move too which surprised me.
#5fat davePosted 2/14/2012 4:11:02 AM
The thigh kick would probably work as that kinda knee for a sub move, it's pretty close in animation and damage type so it wouldn't hurt an edit to have it.
---
Needs moar piledrivers.