Is Fire Pro Returns The Last Fire Pro Game Ever?

#1roadwarrioracePosted 5/26/2013 5:33:30 PM
see topic
#2drew081886Posted 5/26/2013 6:00:46 PM
There was a social game released in Japan in 2011 that had the Fire Pro name, but near as I can tell it was just a stat management/sim type game with the Fire pro name on it. Then there was a Fire Pro game released for XBox Live Arcade in 2012. In that game people could wrestle with their XBox avatars. But I'm pretty sure that FPR was the last game released in the actual spirit of the Fire Pro series (16-bit, 2D) as it began in 1989.
---
If I owned a baseball team, every time my team had the bases loaded on our home-field I'd put "All your base are belong to us" on the Jumbo-tron.
#3dhalsimrocksPosted 5/26/2013 6:24:43 PM
I would say that it is, indefinitely. I think that if there should ever be another wrestling boom the way there has been in the past, particularly in Japan, there's a decent chance of another FirePro seeing the light of day. But who is to say if and when that will ever happen?
---
May all your disgraces be private
#4drew081886Posted 5/26/2013 6:41:01 PM
dhalsimrocks posted...
I would say that it is, indefinitely. I think that if there should ever be another wrestling boom the way there has been in the past, particularly in Japan, there's a decent chance of another FirePro seeing the light of day. But who is to say if and when that will ever happen?

I totally misread the question. I was reading it as "is this the most recent Fire Pro game?" rather than "are they ever going to make another Fire Pro Game?" Lol.
---
If I owned a baseball team, every time my team had the bases loaded on our home-field I'd put "All your base are belong to us" on the Jumbo-tron.
#5CJ_Flash_ManPosted 5/26/2013 8:15:17 PM
As mentioned, this is the most recent and probably last Fire Pro game to be considered a true Fire Pro game. There may have been some games that carried the Fire Pro name, but, they were far from a true Fire Pro title. I don't know if we'll ever see another Fire Pro game made like or heck, even another wrestling game made in Japan. Sad really, I personally felt that the Japanese only games, were superior to the American games.
---
7/17/11 - It was truly Clobbering Time