This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Gamestop not buy used Turtle Beach headsets?

#1Spidey555Posted 8/6/2011 4:58:23 AM
I am curious if they do, but I see no preowned ones on their website.
#2elitek02Posted 8/6/2011 5:39:42 AM
Yea they really should reconsider, I mean controllers can be hard enough to disinfect as it is, but at least with headphones you can replace all the ear and mic fabric/covers
---
I could've used a little more cowbell on that one
#3DahlVaughnniPosted 8/6/2011 6:41:04 AM
A lot of people have a phobia about other peoples headsets while controllers feel no dirtier than any other everyday item.

Whether it's easier or harder to disinfect it is irrelevant, used headsets gross people out and controllers do not.
---
Gamertag & PSN: Archlvt
FFCC: EOT FC - 0261 0047 8986
#4TheRavenKC123Posted 8/6/2011 7:09:48 AM
I wouldn't want a used headset or controller unless it was owned by Olivia Munn or someone like her. You don't know what kind of disgusting person has been using something like that.
---
http://youtube.com/user/TheRavenKC
BioWare and Bethesda rule!
#5Dragon NexusPosted 8/6/2011 11:01:21 AM
Surely the reason you'd buy a replacement controller is you'd want something that doesn't have the "Years of use" feel like...well...your current controller.

Unless this is simply a "I need the money" issue, in which case why on earth are you going to Gamestop?
---
"I don't know, it's an impossible choice...I just have to hope that when I flip the coin it somehow explodes and kills me."
#6CapwnDPosted 8/6/2011 11:10:09 AM
Using somebody elses headset is pretty disgusting.
---
As Above, So Below
#7RE2LeonSPosted 8/6/2011 12:20:55 PM
Because Turtlebeaches are very defective at times?
---
If you're going to buy a Capcom title, buy it USED! GamerTag - RE2LeonS
#8DARKSTAR6195Posted 8/6/2011 3:58:48 PM
I called gamestop and asked about this a few days ago, they guy on the phone said that they do take them , but they only show up as a generic headset in their computer. you only get 2 or 3 bucks trade value for them regardless of what model they are.
#9libatakoPosted 8/6/2011 4:11:49 PM
I just dont want to be anywhere near your ear wax....regardless of the fact that they replace as much as they could.....

call it ocd.....but i just dont want that nasty yellow $#1* or something that had contact with it near my head.
---
As history has demonstrated repeatedly, stupidity and determination are often responsible for human deaths on a massive scale.
\ ( * c * ) /
#10Shy420Posted 8/6/2011 5:25:48 PM
It's kinda childish but I see buying a used headset the same as buying a used hat. I would do neither.
---
"Things aren't different. Things are just things." -Wintermute