This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Do USB headsets work with the 360?

#1MarblesbunbunPosted 9/22/2011 2:30:18 PM
Topic,
---
The patience it takes to play FFXI and EQ is the patience it takes to kill yourself by bashing your head into a wall.
#2ch0ppedinhalfPosted 9/22/2011 2:39:13 PM
I wanna know this too
I tried my USB ps3 one and can't get it to work
---
Steam Mrchopped
psn mrchopped
#3Marblesbunbun(Topic Creator)Posted 9/22/2011 2:42:18 PM
ch0ppedinhalf posted...
I wanna know this too
I tried my USB ps3 one and can't get it to work

Well the reason I became curious is because of the $100-150 USB headsets they sell at Gamestop that say they are compatible with PS3, 360, Mac and PC
---
The patience it takes to play FFXI and EQ is the patience it takes to kill yourself by bashing your head into a wall.
#4CapwnDPosted 9/22/2011 2:43:18 PM

No.

But don't be confused by a headset that uses USB for power.
---
ready for a bit of the o' ultra-violence
#5Marblesbunbun(Topic Creator)Posted 9/22/2011 2:50:17 PM
CaPwnD posted...

No.

But don't be confused by a headset that uses USB for power.

No, I prefer USB headset where both data and power are sent through the cord.. and thank you.

I've broken the official XBOX headset 3 times now, they are total crap.
---
#6DarkMarmarPosted 9/22/2011 3:12:20 PM
The turtlebeach headset that cost 60 bucks is a USB headset and it works on XBOX360
---
Xbox360 Gametag: MaRMaR BR / PSN: MaRMaR_BR
"Carolina blue mixed, I row with the Panthers"
#7Marblesbunbun(Topic Creator)Posted 9/22/2011 3:16:51 PM
DarkMarmar posted...
The turtlebeach headset that cost 60 bucks is a USB headset and it works on XBOX360

Yea, so why doesn't my Logitech one work?
---
#8CapwnDPosted 9/22/2011 3:19:49 PM(edited)
DarkMarmar it's not a USB headset.

DarkMarmar posted...

because the USB is only for power. In fact you don't have to plug the USB into the 360s USB slot, you can plug it into anything USB because it's just for power. The audio is through the red and white cables, and still needs to be plugged into the controller for chat.
---
#9Marblesbunbun(Topic Creator)Posted 9/22/2011 3:20:52 PM
CaPwnD posted...

DarkMarmar posted...

because the USB is only for power. In fact you don't have to plug the USB into the 360s USB slot, you can plug it into anything USB because it's just for power. The audio is through the red and white cables, and still needs to be plugged into the controller for chat.

Thank you for the clarification.. but it also works with the PC apparently.
---
#10CapwnDPosted 9/22/2011 3:26:05 PM(edited)

CaPwnD posted...

DarkMarmar posted...

Thank you for the clarification.. but it also works with the PC apparently.

Some headsets may use USB for sound/chat if it's available. Not sure if that's the case with the X11, which is what I assume we are talking about.

I could try, I guess, but I gave mine away. I suppose I could try with my X41.

I know my Astro mixamp takes USB and will do game audio and I think it will do voice chat also over USB for the computer, but not for the 360 of course. So for the 360 I have to plug in the controller to it, and send the sound to the mixamp using toslink optical.

USB headsets just absolutely will not work with the 360. Will supply power only.
---