This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Can't activate Netflix on my Xbox 360

#1O_Town_RulezPosted 11/7/2011 1:30:27 PM
I've had Netflix on my Xbox since it came out, now all of a sudden today I go on and it asks me to register my Netflix account with my 360. I'm a little upset because of it, but I go and get the code and type it in my account and on Netflix.com it says it's activated but it still won't let me get on it on my Xbox.

I don't know what's wrong.
---
Not changing this Sig until the Orlando Magic win a championship (Technically Started 1-30-08)
Orlando Magic: Lockout
#2RotuhiiriPosted 11/7/2011 1:35:49 PM
Do you have an Xbox Gold subscription or could that have expired? You need Gold to use Netflix but if that was the problem I imagine your Xbox would have told you.
#3blakbird13Posted 11/7/2011 3:27:50 PM
Is it a new code or the one you used originally? You need a new code every time they expire...
#4BigTlovesBEERPosted 11/7/2011 3:30:01 PM
1) Make sure your account is paid for and active

2) You may have to delete and re-download and re-install the Netflix software on your 360.

If you google it you'll see a bunch of solutions. I had a problem awhile back but redownloading the software fixed it.
#5O_Town_Rulez(Topic Creator)Posted 11/7/2011 7:14:05 PM
I have Xbox Live Gold up until October 2012, my Netflix account is fully paid. I just type the code that it showed on the Xbox and it says on Netflix.com that the Microsoft Xbox 360 is activated, but nothing pops up on the 360. I'm not sure what's wrong.
---
Not changing this Sig until the Orlando Magic win a championship (Technically Started 1-30-08)
#6AeXrcPosted 11/7/2011 7:45:04 PM
This sounds like the problem I had. In memory there are two Netflix files. I kept deleting the update but not the actual application. So once I deleted both and redownloaded the application and the update and worked fine.
---
Gamertag-AeXrc PSN- Aerc
Shows I've watched each week - http://docs.google.com/View?id=dd5xskzz_05n9925gk
#7O_Town_Rulez(Topic Creator)Posted 11/7/2011 8:40:16 PM
InsaneSwanton posted...
This sounds like the problem I had. In memory there are two Netflix files. I kept deleting the update but not the actual application. So once I deleted both and redownloaded the application and the update and worked fine.

Tried it, it didn't work.
---
#8BigTlovesBEERPosted 11/8/2011 2:52:48 AM
somethign is seriously wrong then. If you're accounts are solid and you can't delete and re-install the software you've got problems.

I would try to stream something on your PC really quickly to make sure that's in order. Then you'll have to call xbox live customer service if it's a xbox problem.

Maybe you need to clean your cache. it's the only other thing i can think of. I'd call xbox live customer service though as you're paying for something you're not using.
#9O_Town_Rulez(Topic Creator)Posted 11/8/2011 10:57:08 AM
BigTlovesBEER posted...
somethign is seriously wrong then. If you're accounts are solid and you can't delete and re-install the software you've got problems.

I would try to stream something on your PC really quickly to make sure that's in order. Then you'll have to call xbox live customer service if it's a xbox problem.

Maybe you need to clean your cache. it's the only other thing i can think of. I'd call xbox live customer service though as you're paying for something you're not using.

I can delete Netflix and re-install it, it just won't let me access it.

I tried streaming on my iPod Touch and it's fine.

I tried clearing out my system cache, nothing.
---
#10BigTlovesBEERPosted 11/8/2011 11:06:17 AM(edited)
Go To System setting>Memory

Select your hard drive.

Go to Games. Find Netflix. DELETE IT. Then re-download it.

Clear your cache and try it again if it dont work. if it still dont work just call MS customer service (dont call netflix they wont help you trust me) lemme know how u make out.