This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Would a USB port hub work with an Xbox 360?...

#1SEGA128DCPosted 11/17/2011 10:50:31 PM
Well, I'm currently juggling two USB flash drives, right now, because my 20GB HDD from my Halo 3 Special Edition console is full. I've purchased a lot of XBLA games, and DLC! Anyway, I'm currently saving up for a new slim console with a bigger hard drive, sometime late next year, but I don't want to waste money on an HDD for my current console. So, I'm using flash drives in the mean time. I was wondering if a USB port hub will work with the console since I'm going to be using more flash drives? There's just not enough USB ports on the older Xbox 360 consoles...
---
Rise from your grave...
#2CapwnDPosted 11/17/2011 11:28:44 PM(edited)
Yes but you lose speed with hubs. Like I would not use a hub with your USB wireless adapter.... I know you said slim but some people use the black one to get N on their slim.
---
As Above So Below
#3gabriusPosted 11/18/2011 9:18:54 AM
USB hubs work with the 360, and you can compensate for the speed loss by using one that plugs into an electrical outlet.

HOWEVER, you are only allowed to have 2 USB storage devices plugged into the 360 at any one time. Any more than 2 and they will not be recognized.
---
SHOOTEMUP
/XBL|PSN\ - Gabrius