This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Would a USB port hub work with an Xbox 360?...

• Topic Archived
  1. Boards
  2. Xbox 360
  3. Would a USB port hub work with an Xbox 360?...
5 years ago#1
Well, I'm currently juggling two USB flash drives, right now, because my 20GB HDD from my Halo 3 Special Edition console is full. I've purchased a lot of XBLA games, and DLC! Anyway, I'm currently saving up for a new slim console with a bigger hard drive, sometime late next year, but I don't want to waste money on an HDD for my current console. So, I'm using flash drives in the mean time. I was wondering if a USB port hub will work with the console since I'm going to be using more flash drives? There's just not enough USB ports on the older Xbox 360 consoles...
Rise from your grave...
5 years ago#2
Yes but you lose speed with hubs. Like I would not use a hub with your USB wireless adapter.... I know you said slim but some people use the black one to get N on their slim.
As Above So Below
5 years ago#3
USB hubs work with the 360, and you can compensate for the speed loss by using one that plugs into an electrical outlet.

HOWEVER, you are only allowed to have 2 USB storage devices plugged into the 360 at any one time. Any more than 2 and they will not be recognized.
SHOOTEMUP
/XBL|PSN\ - Gabrius
  1. Boards
  2. Xbox 360
  3. Would a USB port hub work with an Xbox 360?...

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived