This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

PLEASE help- Xbox 360 Slim keeps freezing.

#1NordiniPosted 12/6/2011 5:12:44 PM(edited)
EDIT: I have determined it must be something to do with the disc drive. I just sat and played around for like 15 minutes just on the dashboard and other stuff and it did not freeze until i tried to load up a game AND my roommates says he has been watching DVDs on it all week and it hasn't frozen which means the problem is exclusive to GAMES in the disc drive.

It's only like 2 or 3 months old. It started this like a month ago one night then i just unplugged it for a while, plugged it back in, and it was fine again for a month until just last night. Now i've tried everything and i can't get it to work.

I stupidly threw away the receipt so i have no way of proving my purchase.

Here's what happens:
Regardless of what game i'm playing, i will start up the game and within the first two minutes it the xbox will freeze and i can do nothing but turn it off. I can't even access dashboard or anything.

-I have tried different games
-I have tried cleaning my discs
-I have tried clearing system cache
-I have tried not being connected to xbox live
-There is no hard drive to remove because it's only the 4 GB one so i guess the memory is just built in
-The first time it froze it was laying down horizontally but now its happening while its standing vertically as well.
-Right now its laying on a table, it doesn't really get hot, it has plenty of room for circulation although my dorm room has no air conditioner.

What could it be? Is it possible its the ventilation system due to my room being very messy and not having A/C? Is there a way to clean it?

I really don't want to send it in to Microsoft and i don't even know if i can because i have no receipt anymore.
---
Gentlemen know that embezzlement, insider trading,tax fraud and similar activities are not actually crimes.Crimes are committed by poor people and involve guns.
#2Nordini(Topic Creator)Posted 12/6/2011 4:58:59 PM
bump
---
Gentlemen know that embezzlement, insider trading,tax fraud and similar activities are not actually crimes.Crimes are committed by poor people and involve guns.
#3Nordini(Topic Creator)Posted 12/6/2011 5:13:01 PM
bump and edited.
---
#4d209999Posted 12/6/2011 5:48:15 PM
You can blow out the vents with canned air.

It's been a while, but I really don't think you need a receipt to register your console. And if you can register your console, you can get it repaired.

Call MS.
---
http://folding.stanford.edu/
http://boinc.berkeley.edu/