This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Kinect + Xbox live account + saving = NO?

#1sirspankyjncoPosted 3/18/2012 10:56:37 AM
I just got a connect, my xbox hasn't been on live in a while, but I got the disneyland game for my kid. Hooked it up and she tried to play, but it keeps telling her if she EVER wants to save her game on that... she has to sign into a profile.. when she tries to, it attempts to connect to xbox live (not hooked to internet) and it gives 2 options. Stop the game and troubleshoot the problem, or continue w/out saving.

What the F? The game and the kinect both stated on their boxes that internet connection was NOT required, yet I can't save or load games w/out it? Whats going on?
---
Ive had both an Xbox 360 and PS3 break, there are no superior consoles, except N64, that was pretty sweet.
#2Kurgan777Posted 3/18/2012 11:13:57 AM
How hard is it to set up a profile???

It does NOT take net access to set up a profile just on the system itself.....
---
What's the purpose in owning a Grenade Launcher?
The sheer inability to continue life without it ! ! !
#3Dragon NexusPosted 3/18/2012 11:15:37 AM
I think the issue is you only have 1 profile on your system that's Live enabled. So when you try to hook into that profile it tries to automatically connect to Live.

Try making her her own profile. It's easilly done and it doesn't need to be online.

Also, check to make sure you haven't got Cloud saving enabled and you're not trying to save to the Cloud partition when making a save.
---
"I don't know, it's an impossible choice...I just have to hope that when I flip the coin it somehow explodes and kills me."
#4sirspankyjnco(Topic Creator)Posted 3/18/2012 12:28:34 PM
Yeah but I only have the 1 account and want the achievements to count on that account, is thatnot possible (Thanks for the heads up on making a new account, I really didn't think about that.. dumb me)
---
Ive had both an Xbox 360 and PS3 break, there are no superior consoles, except N64, that was pretty sweet.
#5Cal12Posted 3/18/2012 12:31:07 PM
You don't need to be connected to Live. Log into your profile like normal and just pick the do not bother to connect option or whatever it is. I do it all the time because I'm too cheap to buy a second ethernet cable for my PS 3/360 so usually only one of them is connected to my router.
---
Why is Ibogaine illegal?
#6Dragon NexusPosted 3/18/2012 12:33:18 PM
Or have your profile set to sign in by default, but go into the networking options and disconnect from your network. That way your profile will sign in automatically but won't connect to Live.
---
"I don't know, it's an impossible choice...I just have to hope that when I flip the coin it somehow explodes and kills me."
#7sirspankyjnco(Topic Creator)Posted 3/19/2012 4:00:28 PM
@ dragon - Yeah it is signed into the account, but the game I am messing with is Disneyland adventures, and if your account is "Xbox Live" enabled (At one point even if it was 3-4 years ago), it will not let you use that account on this game unless you are connected to live.

Oh well, can enjoy 99% of the other good games out there :) Thanks for the help.
---