This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Your top xbox 360 rpg games.

#1Zelda_wood_elfPosted 4/4/2012 9:13:39 PM
These are the games that I got the most enjoyment out of playing.

Top disc bought rpg games
1.Oblivion
2.Fallout New Vegas
3.Final Fantasy 11 online mmorpg
4.Dragon Age 2
5.Skyrim

Top xbox live arcade rpg games
1.Costume Quest
2.Puzzle Quest 1&2
3.Torchlight

Top Indie rpg games
1.Cthlu saves the world
have not tried any others yet.

Top Disappointing Rpg games
1.Final fantasy 13
2.Final fantasy 13-2
3.Kingdom of amalur reckoning(lack of a actual hard mode killed any motivation to continue playing)

Top Rpg Games I'm looking forward to playing
1.Witcher 2
2.Tales of vesperia(currently downloading from xbl)
3.Dragons Dogma
4.Lost odyssey(gamestop has mailed it)

Please share your top xbox 360 rpg games and feel free to recommend any fun undue rpg games too.
#2kungfucolinPosted 4/4/2012 9:14:41 PM
Obviously Dark Souls...

---
Latest Video: SSX 2012 Video Review
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7_HZWdmFsaI
#3Zelda_wood_elf(Topic Creator)Posted 4/4/2012 9:15:34 PM
*Fun indie rpg games too*
#4Zelda_wood_elf(Topic Creator)Posted 4/4/2012 9:18:07 PM
kungfucolin posted...
Obviously Dark Souls...

I'm on the fence about this one, it just seems so linear.
Perhaps I will give it a go eventually.
#5kungfucolinPosted 4/4/2012 9:23:41 PM

it just seems so linear.

It is about as far from linear as you can get. The environments are EXTREMELY intricate, with passages that run everywhere, and the story has multiple endings, too.

---
#6airdanielPosted 4/4/2012 9:31:57 PM
Dark souls as well.
#7Zelda_wood_elf(Topic Creator)Posted 4/4/2012 9:38:02 PM
kungfucolin posted...
it just seems so linear.
It is about as far from linear as you can get. The environments are EXTREMELY intricate, with passages that run everywhere, and the story has multiple endings, too.

I suppose the 10min let's play vid I watched was misleading?
Fair enough I will give it a go.

But is that the only xbox rpg game u have enjoyed or did I pretty much cover the rest? :)
#8kungfucolinPosted 4/4/2012 9:46:22 PM(edited)

But is that the only xbox rpg game u have enjoyed or did I pretty much cover the rest? :)

Basically this. You've got a pretty good list there, I just felt that Dark Souls should be at the top of it, not absent from it!
(the fact that you haven't played it is actually the only reason I'm accepting that it wasn't there ^_^)

*edit* which is not to suggest that there aren't other fantastic RPG's too..

Rise of the Argonauts
Nier
Mass Effect,

to name a couple.
---
#9TestyPayloadPosted 4/5/2012 3:55:55 AM
Two worlds 2
Divinity 2 DKS
#10SquallWindbladePosted 4/5/2012 4:12:16 AM
I wish that Warriors Orochi 2 would count... it's a hack 'n slash with RPG elements, but what gets me is the nonsensical storyline. It's so much fun.

I liked Too Human because of the loot and some of the meta-game aspects, such as unlocking secret rooms if you are performing well on a level. I know that when I completed my no-deaths run of the Ice Forest (F*** you Dyack), there were a couple of really cool bonus areas with some good loot. Also have to point out that replayed maps are slightly different from their main mission counterparts. The biggest downside to the game is that the twin-stick control can be difficult to adjust to, but is fairly responsive once you know what to do.

I also liked Two Worlds, at least post-patches. The game was pretty hard to play when it came out, but after a few of the patches adjusted some performance issues, the game sucks slightly less, and becomes playable. Oh sure, you should still never ride a horse, and the magic system takes an eternity to truly max out, but the game's so awful that its story can seem like a joke, and then it makes the game enjoyable.

My biggest disappointment is probably Dragon Age: Origins. I didn't like the game at all. It felt like it was 12 years old, as though I'd played that exact same game just before Diablo II launched and I lost three years of my life. The plot wasn't even close to good, the characters were very generic, and it just took me forever to even care a little bit about what was going to happen in the game. It never really pulled me in and made me feel relevant to the game, like my choices would produce the same outcomes no matter what.
---
Sorry, this dispenser is entirely out of craps, and we are unable to fulfill your request for two craps. Try again later, thank you.