This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

MS Adds "Proofs" For XBL Account Security

#1ObtikPosted 8/13/2012 9:46:09 AM
Xbox Live Security Proofs with Major Nelson:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XyjlGTyUMwo

www.xbox.com/proofs

I guess this is the solution they've developed to enable enhanced security. It seems like this not only adds a level of security to the account, but also will be used to access account information more quickly for things like password resets or contacting Microsoft.

Xbox Live accounts will now "require that you have two proofs on your account, and at least one must be a phone number or email address. We recommend one phone and one email proof to provide the best security options for your account."
---
XBL GT: l Mentu l
#2ROFLdPosted 8/13/2012 9:57:36 AM
Nice.
---
Craw so hard mother****ers wanna fry me... that fish cray
#3GobizkuPosted 8/13/2012 10:34:53 AM
This has already been in effect for weeks, if not months now. The only new thing is that they're integrating it into the console as well in the future.
---
"Chaos Is Not Entropy...Chaos Is Continual Creation." -Praxis
Preparation For A Coming Darkness
#4bob15xPosted 8/13/2012 10:43:39 AM
I have others use phone number, i refuse to give any company my phone number, therefore I stop doing business with them.
#5dreamtheater33Posted 8/13/2012 10:45:19 AM
i hate that the 2 proofs are emails that i no longer use,and when i delete them they dont disapear untill next yr.
---
What is a Troll? A miserable pile of secrets! But
enough talk! Have at you!"
#6Obtik(Topic Creator)Posted 8/13/2012 10:45:32 AM
bob15x posted...
I have others use phone number, i refuse to give any company my phone number, therefore I stop doing business with them.

You can use an email address, phone numbers aren't mandatory.
---
XBL GT: l Mentu l
#7RenamonPosted 8/13/2012 11:03:03 AM
Gobizku posted...
This has already been in effect for weeks, if not months now. The only new thing is that they're integrating it into the console as well in the future.

I want to say a few months. It's even integrated into Windows 8 as well.
---
Movies that I believe will come true: Wall-E, Idiocracy
Halo 1 > all other Halo games
#8Solid SonicPosted 8/13/2012 11:37:13 AM
Wasn't this just a part of the Windows Live ID (sorry, "Microsoft Account") security system? You can declare a trusted computer and give them a secondary email or phone number anyway for password resets.
---
Windows XP: Let It Go Already
#9SavageDonzillaPosted 8/13/2012 4:33:34 PM
dreamtheater33 posted...
i hate that the 2 proofs are emails that i no longer use,and when i delete them they dont disapear untill next yr.

Put the bong down, it's 30 days before they drop off and you can add new ones.
---
Gamertag/PSN-SavageDonzilla
Consumers are entitled, rude d-bags and get everything they deserve
#10infinitexxPosted 8/13/2012 4:46:07 PM
Solid Sonic posted...
Wasn't this just a part of the Windows Live ID (sorry, "Microsoft Account") security system? You can declare a trusted computer and give them a secondary email or phone number anyway for password resets.

It's not called Windows Live ID anymore?
---
Posted from my Xbox360 with 360FAQS v1.1