This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Trying to sign up for an Xbox live account, won't let me change birthday

#1Grand_BluePosted 9/8/2012 1:04:59 PM
When I sign up, it gives my birthday as "1/1/1970" which is completely wrong, but it won't let me change it. I don't get this, I've never signed up for an Xbox live account, so why does it give me that option for my brithday without an option to change it? WTF is going on?
#2Banana_ManaPosted 9/8/2012 1:10:12 PM
Maybe you were secretly born on that day?

That's all I got!
---
Borderlands 2, Borderlands 2, Borderlands 2, Borderlands 2, Borderlands 2, Borderlands 2, Borderlands 2, Borderlands 2, Borderlands 2, Borderlands 2!
#3Grand_Blue(Topic Creator)Posted 9/8/2012 1:10:52 PM
I'm 18 years old, not 42 -_-
#4Banana_ManaPosted 9/8/2012 1:27:52 PM
Grand_Blue posted...
I'm 18 years old, not 42 -_-

You sure?
---
Borderlands 2, Borderlands 2, Borderlands 2, Borderlands 2, Borderlands 2, Borderlands 2, Borderlands 2, Borderlands 2, Borderlands 2, Borderlands 2!
#5Grand_Blue(Topic Creator)Posted 9/8/2012 2:05:20 PM
How about I sign up with a different email, then just change the emails so that my new email is on my GT and my old email is on a random spam GT that I will create? Would this work?
#6BridlingPosted 9/8/2012 4:15:30 PM
If I remember right you have to choose your birth date and once you enter your birthday it's set in stone.
---
http://i1257.photobucket.com/albums/ii519/Nayroy18/48ad8e96.gif
It takes an idiot to do cool things, that's why it's cool.
#7Ned_MandingoPosted 9/8/2012 4:44:14 PM
Make a new windows live account with your real birthday, or see if you can change it in your current email account settings.
---
You Gotta Pay The Troll Toll
#8Grand_Blue(Topic Creator)Posted 9/8/2012 6:14:34 PM
Ned_Mandingo posted...
Make a new windows live account with your real birthday, or see if you can change it in your current email account settings.

There was no way to change my birthday, so I made a new live account with a different email address. I have to wait 30 days to change my email though, but it works!
#9Super CreaturesPosted 9/9/2012 11:14:20 AM
The question is, were you setting up a completely new Microsoft account/Windows Live ID, or just making a new XBL account using an existing WLID/MS account?

If you were using an existing account, then that account already had the birth date set, information that is impossible to change because it is information that never changes, unless they **** around and completely change the calendar system we use for some reason.

If birth date for the account holder changes, that means the account holder changed, or the account was originally setup using false information, which is a violation of the MS ToU, meaning the account should be shut down anyway, and, in the case of using false information, is fraud, a federal offense that can be prosecuted.
---
R.I.P. Eve English (Feb. 12, 1968 - Oct. 13, 2010)
Momma Eve, you will be missed.