This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

RROD Q&A's

#31greenguy363Posted 9/4/2008 9:28:16 AMmessage detail
Honestly I got the RROD three times on the same system, I called the number in the 360 manual and a machine told me how to fix the problem.

when you get the RROD, turn off the 360, disconnect it from the power source, and remove your hard drive. re-connect the 360 to the power source (without the hard drive attached) and turn on your 360, whether or not there is a game it should work fine. turn the 360 off, disconnect it from the power source again, and replace the hard drive. Reconnect it to the power source and turn on your 360, it should be fine.

Like I said I've had to do this 3 times, very spaced out I should mention, and I can't remember the last time I got the RROD, I have never sent in my 360 or had it repaired at all.
#32madgreg666Posted 9/4/2008 11:52:39 AMmessage detail
^ I dont see how that would repair a broken etch on the motherboard...
---
XBL: madgreg419
[Oo==oO] MK2 VW Performance
#33greenguy363Posted 9/4/2008 11:54:27 AMmessage detail
I don't claim to know how it works, but it has each time.
#34bitcloudzeroxPosted 9/4/2008 1:41:46 PMmessage detail
How Prevalent is the RROD now?...I plan to get an Elite next week, and I want to know what to expect. ;-_-
---
Futanari-
You have two cows. Turns out you won't need that bull.
#35xCalibratexPosted 9/4/2008 2:13:44 PMmessage detail
This topic holds false information.

Technically, "RRoD" doesn't even exist as far as this goes.
---
http://i204.photobucket.com/albums/bb272/xCalibratex/lol/1213036029495.gif
#36usfjustin84Posted 9/4/2008 8:47:54 PMmessage detail
bitcloudzero, I got an Elite for Xmas and on Sept 1st I got the E 74 message. I called the xbox customer serivce, apparently the problem is similar to the RROD, although the only way to fix it is to send it in. The towel trick and banging on it don't work. I have no faith anymore in Mircosoft since I got a system that was supposed to be "elite" yet it lasted me 8 months. And by the way the E 74 error is one red light on the bottom right quadrant, it happend when faulty solder melts and covers the GPU in its molten metal goo, or so I was told when I called.
#37BrownGottiPosted 9/5/2008 5:34:41 AMmessage detail
What sucks worst than RROD is when your Xbox 360 has a problem, in my case no video was being displayed to the screen after the "Green Screen of Death", and Microsoft wants to charge you for $99 repairs.

If this happens to you, you should know that you can talk down the $99 price. However, you must not yell at the person you are talking to, but definetly let them know you are upset.

in my case, I was able to talk them down from $99 > $75 (with a 1 year warranty and overnigh shipping) > $50 (with a 1 year warranty and overnigh shipping). I settled at $50, but the manager then took an additional $25 off making it a $25 repair fee with a 1 year warranty and overnight shipping. It took atleast 45min, and I did have to speak to a manager / supervisor.
#38camman723Posted 9/5/2008 8:21:52 AMmessage detail
i got 2 questions first of all my xbox 360 was a gift, so there's no receipt will they still replace it?
2nd my xbox got the 1 red flashing light which i read says One red light signifies a major hardware failure, for which there is no recovery and the console must be completely replaced, will microsoft still replace that?

i couldnt find the answer anywhere so somebody plz help
---
~camman723~
#39kingpkerPosted 9/5/2008 1:25:01 PMmessage detail
So after YEARS of topics now is when you decide for a sticky...-.-.................................................................................................................
#40camman723Posted 9/5/2008 5:32:08 PMmessage detail
i got 2 questions first of all my xbox 360 was a gift, so there's no receipt will they still replace it?
2nd my xbox got the 1 red flashing light which i read says One red light signifies a major hardware failure, for which there is no recovery and the console must be completely replaced, will microsoft still replace that?

i couldnt find the answer anywhere so somebody plz help

anybody
---
~camman723~