This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

RROD Q&A's

• Topic Closed
  1. Boards
  2. Xbox 360
  3. RROD Q&A's
7 years ago#421
I love it when people make up random statistics like "90% of my friends" and then claim them as facts.
---
Kingofwrestling Mob_Figgaz gobbles willy i'm just sayin
7 years ago#422
Hello everyone,
I'm looking for a little advice and I assume this is probably the best board/topic to ask for it.
My 360 has been crashing a lot recently and today it finally gave up the ghost and got it's three lights :(

It is more or less a launch console and has only been repaired once about a year ago but i'm now sadly outside my 3-year warranty and have decided to upgrade to an elite.

All i really want is a little confirmation on a few things:
When I upgrade, will I get the data transfer tool in the elite kit?
Does my GT, profile and what not transfer this way or will I need to recover my GT? And if so are there still recovery issues that I remember reading about a while back?
Will my arcade titles & downloads work straight away or will I need to do this license transfer thing too?

Any help is much appreciated & even if it is a little early, Happy new Year everyone!
---
Life isn't about the number of breaths you take,
it's the number of moments that take your breath away.
7 years ago#423
My 360 lasted from 4/06-12/08 which is much longer than most people that have posted here(unbelievable considering I have still have a working SNES). I had problems from day one with this system ,and could very rarely play games for more than an hour before the "unreadable disk" message would come up. I don't consider myself a fanboy of any system(I own all 3 and while I find Wii the Wiikest I still love Zelda more than any game series ever) ,but I couldn't recommend this console to anyone over a PS3. The 360 may have the strongest game lineup ,but the faulty console itself is a joke.
7 years ago#424
This topic makes me sad.
---
"Oh god did I eat that." - Burgess
"Oh ****, parents are waking up." - Burgess
7 years ago#425
Okay... question from me, which may prove to be stupid. I was playing one of the arcade game demos that came pre-loaded on the HDD, when the game froze. I hit the power switch on the console itself, waited a little bit, then turned it back on... and got the RRoD. However, the dashboard still loaded, I was able to move back and forth through the various tabs, and even play an arcade game. After turning it off again and back on, the red ring went away. However, when I tried to play an actual game disc, it repeatedly froze on me after about 5-10 minutes. This happened 4 times with Lego Indiana Jones and once with Kung Fu Panda in the space of less than an hour. The next day... it worked fine.

Now, shouldn't I have not been able to do anything if it really were the RRoD? It's my understanding that that renders the console completely useless.
---
RIP Eddie Guerrero 1967-2005. He will be missed.
7 years ago#426
Okay... question from me, which may prove to be stupid. I was playing one of the arcade game demos that came pre-loaded on the HDD, when the game froze. I hit the power switch on the console itself, waited a little bit, then turned it back on... and got the RRoD. However, the dashboard still loaded, I was able to move back and forth through the various tabs, and even play an arcade game. After turning it off again and back on, the red ring went away. However, when I tried to play an actual game disc, it repeatedly froze on me after about 5-10 minutes. This happened 4 times with Lego Indiana Jones and once with Kung Fu Panda in the space of less than an hour. The next day... it worked fine.

Now, shouldn't I have not been able to do anything if it really were the RRoD? It's my understanding that that renders the console completely useless.

Generally, you shouldn't have been able to, no. The RROD issue will usually present itself with intermitent lockups until finally the general hardware failure lights (rrod) show up for good and the console no longer even starts.

I would be tempted to say you simply saw some flashing red error lights and wrongly assumed it was the RROD (since most people do that), but by the description of your later symptoms, it does sound like your 360 is dying.

Why would you still have been able cruise the dash board AFTER the error lights flashed during the same boot up? Who knows - random strange console occurance. Probably is a stupid question...stupid because it does sound like you 360 is slowly croaking, and you should probably order that coffin now instead of worrying about the way it behaves as it dies.

---
Contest Abuse - You have lost the right to dispute or appeal further moderations.
7 years ago#427
I figured it was on its last legs... in spite of it only being 3 days out of the box when the RRoD showed up. I'll try to trade it in at the store I bought it from when they have more in stock, but if I can't get one in the next week and a half or so, I'm gonna try and get my money back.
---
RIP Eddie Guerrero 1967-2005. He will be missed.
7 years ago#428
i jus got RROD, great start to the new year. fortunatly im stil in the store warrenty
---
GT: art0b0t (0 = zero)
7 years ago#429
Hey everyone, i'm new to the 360. My cousins just came from korea where they had bought a 360 about a year ago. They brought it with them when they came to live with us (they are starting school here...). When i tried to set it up, i got the rrod. It is my understanding that MS will replace it if the console is still under warranty (3 years), but what if the product was purchased over seas? They don't have a receipt or anything so how could i prove that the system is still under warranty? Sorry if this specific topic has been covered already, just can't read through it all. Thanks for any help you guys can give!
---
Pearl FC : 0602 2758 0807
7 years ago#430
[This message was deleted at the request of a moderator or administrator]
  1. Boards
  2. Xbox 360
  3. RROD Q&A's

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Closed