This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

RROD Q&A's

#461GillianSeed79Posted 1/12/2009 3:54:59 PMmessage detail
I got the red rings the other day and MS customer support was supposed to send me an email with the shipping sticker/information thing but I never got it. What gives?
#462KnightofShikariPosted 1/13/2009 11:57:53 AMmessage detail
hey i don't know if this belongs here in this topic but i'll ask anyway. my 360 has recently been giving me a beep sound then freezing. it doesn't give me a RROD but it happens about 3-4 minutes after turning the system on. i tried to make sure the system wasn't overheating, first placing the power brick on the edge of a box so it's mostly suspended in air. didn't work. i let it sit disconnected from everything for about 30 minutes, then tried again. didn't work.

is this a precursor to RROD, and if so, will MS repair it? i bought it a little over a year ago, end of 2007 IIRC, but i don't have the receipt. plus, i bought it used, don't know if that matters.
---
"jquest, could you express one-third as a decimal for me?" - Isaac2022
"0.3" - jquest64
#463DarkLink_Hyrule(Topic Creator)Posted 1/13/2009 2:49:22 PMmessage detail
MunchenGohan, I believe that this is a signal of an upcoming RROD, it started beeping/freezing on me before I got it a couple days later. You don't need a reciept for Microsoft to fix it, and I doubt getting one used would matter.
---
Gamertag: GrimDarkHart
Currently Playing: Halo 3, Rock Band 2 and Gears of War 2
#464MMAFan360Posted 1/14/2009 4:32:27 AMmessage detail
nice... my Elite just got the RRoD. so it i send it in i get a brand new Elite?
#465InfamousChaosPosted 1/14/2009 12:16:24 PMmessage detail
the CSR told me to put the reference number that she gave anywhere on the box. so i was wondering did anyone else did that or did you put the reference number on a piece of paper and put it in the box with the system?
---
PSN ID: Havoc215
GT: Deadpool215
#466forgotmypenPosted 1/15/2009 9:30:16 AMmessage detail
nightwarrior. I didn't put the reference # anywhere on or in the box. they've received my console and it's in the repair stage.
#467jessica73Posted 1/15/2009 9:02:15 PMmessage detail
Mine showed a random 3rl today that went away on reset, and it's done it before. It's been acting up anyway, so I know it's just a matter of time. I just wrote that on the reason for repair thing, so I guess they'll take it.

I just hope I get a new one this time. Or at least a refurb with a Falcon. Still the rufurb I have lasted over a year, and I played the hell out of it. >_>
---
http://card.mygamercard.net/nxe/Gpjessica73.png
Florida Gators 13-1 - Your the National Champions
#468crunchy57576Posted 1/16/2009 6:35:14 PMmessage detail
i shall get teh 500
---
If Tai's life ended with a lot of blood, and some got on some one's shirt, it would be a Tai Die shirt.
#469DarkLink_Hyrule(Topic Creator)Posted 1/16/2009 9:05:34 PMmessage detail
MMAFan360, You will get an Elite back if you send one in, but there's a chance you will either get a new one, get your repaired one back or get another refurbished one back. Most people do not get their own back, but some have. I happened to be lucky and get a brand new one. Maybe you will too.
---
#470DarkLink_Hyrule(Topic Creator)Posted 1/16/2009 9:10:59 PMmessage detail
Answering some old, missed questions.

david2419, this happens a lot of the time, the RROD shows up but will disappear when turned on again. On the time until it dies, it's random. It could be a couple hours or even a couple months
---