This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

RROD Q&A's

• Topic Closed
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Xbox 360
  3. RROD Q&A's

User Info: GillianSeed79

GillianSeed79
8 years ago#461
I got the red rings the other day and MS customer support was supposed to send me an email with the shipping sticker/information thing but I never got it. What gives?
hey i don't know if this belongs here in this topic but i'll ask anyway. my 360 has recently been giving me a beep sound then freezing. it doesn't give me a RROD but it happens about 3-4 minutes after turning the system on. i tried to make sure the system wasn't overheating, first placing the power brick on the edge of a box so it's mostly suspended in air. didn't work. i let it sit disconnected from everything for about 30 minutes, then tried again. didn't work.

is this a precursor to RROD, and if so, will MS repair it? i bought it a little over a year ago, end of 2007 IIRC, but i don't have the receipt. plus, i bought it used, don't know if that matters.
"jquest, could you express one-third as a decimal for me?" - Isaac2022
"0.3" - jquest64

User Info: DarkLink_Hyrule

DarkLink_Hyrule
8 years ago#463
MunchenGohan, I believe that this is a signal of an upcoming RROD, it started beeping/freezing on me before I got it a couple days later. You don't need a reciept for Microsoft to fix it, and I doubt getting one used would matter.
Gamertag: GrimDarkHart
Currently Playing: Halo 3, Rock Band 2 and Gears of War 2

User Info: MMAFan360

MMAFan360
8 years ago#464
nice... my Elite just got the RRoD. so it i send it in i get a brand new Elite?

User Info: InfamousChaos

InfamousChaos
8 years ago#465
the CSR told me to put the reference number that she gave anywhere on the box. so i was wondering did anyone else did that or did you put the reference number on a piece of paper and put it in the box with the system?
PSN ID: Havoc215
GT: Deadpool215

User Info: forgotmypen

forgotmypen
8 years ago#466
nightwarrior. I didn't put the reference # anywhere on or in the box. they've received my console and it's in the repair stage.

User Info: JessofBlades

JessofBlades
8 years ago#467
Mine showed a random 3rl today that went away on reset, and it's done it before. It's been acting up anyway, so I know it's just a matter of time. I just wrote that on the reason for repair thing, so I guess they'll take it.

I just hope I get a new one this time. Or at least a refurb with a Falcon. Still the rufurb I have lasted over a year, and I played the hell out of it. >_>
http://card.mygamercard.net/nxe/Gpjessica73.png
Florida Gators 13-1 - Your the National Champions

User Info: crunchy57576

crunchy57576
8 years ago#468
i shall get teh 500
If Tai's life ended with a lot of blood, and some got on some one's shirt, it would be a Tai Die shirt.

DarkLink_Hyrule
8 years ago#469
MMAFan360, You will get an Elite back if you send one in, but there's a chance you will either get a new one, get your repaired one back or get another refurbished one back. Most people do not get their own back, but some have. I happened to be lucky and get a brand new one. Maybe you will too.

DarkLink_Hyrule
8 years ago#470
Answering some old, missed questions.

david2419, this happens a lot of the time, the RROD shows up but will disappear when turned on again. On the time until it dies, it's random. It could be a couple hours or even a couple months
  1. Boards
  2. Xbox 360
  3. RROD Q&A's

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Closed