This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

RROD Q&A's

• Topic Closed
  1. Boards
  2. Xbox 360
  3. RROD Q&A's
6 years ago#471
deathlok83, Unfortunately yes the RROD is still around, but it is becoming less and less frequent. The newer chipsets have supposedly reduced the occurence to less than 5%.
---
Gamertag: GrimDarkHart
Currently Playing: Halo 3, Rock Band 2 and Gears of War 2
6 years ago#472
c/p my sig
---
OMG --> - http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/gentopic.php?board=944365
6 years ago#473
So I just had my 3rd 360 red ring. I've had this one since mid 2008. Are they sending out any new and improved 360s that don't red ring? I don't understand how I keep getting ones that bust.
immortalize me.
---
Gamertag: iTALIAN iCE 3
6 years ago#475
I'm just really hoping they'll try harder and learn from this gen when the next round of consoles are released, this RROD problem at it's current rate is ...well - unacceptable, IMO. What is it...Quality control? Bad solder joints? Overheating? *shrugs* It's all got to change next-go-round.
---
There is no more free speech. Its all been bought and paid for.
I've never had RRoD.
I got the E74 error which sucked.
Is RRoD worse?
---
This is Gamefaqs. No-one cares, Everyone is right.
6 years ago#477
So, question...I sent mine in last week for the 2nd RRoD I've experienced. I'm reading this fact and it mentions you could get a brand new one. I never checked the serial number on my old one to see if I got a new machine after I sent it in the first time. So does Microsoft automatically update the serial number if they send you back a new machine? Now I'm worried that since this is my second time and I could have gotten a new machine the first time, they could refuse to do the repair and just send it back if the serial number is wrong on my xbox.com account.
6 years ago#478
Ok last week a big rain flooded my house and the rest of the neighborhood my folks inside managed to bring the 360 upstairs before it got soaked. By the time the flood subsided I turned it on and lookie here.. RROD! I don't know what the heck happened during that time but does improper handling/carrying of the 360 contribute it?

Its a falcon board btw, and its about 5 months.
6 years ago#479
drwillnrowlands, I wouldn't say RROD is worse, both are bad, but at least depending on when you bought your 360 the RROD is repaired free.
---
Gamertag: GrimDarkHart
Currently Playing: Halo 3, Rock Band 2 and Gears of War 2
(message deleted)
  1. Boards
  2. Xbox 360
  3. RROD Q&A's

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Closed