This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

RROD Q&A's

• Topic Closed
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Xbox 360
  3. RROD Q&A's

User Info: DarkLink_Hyrule

DarkLink_Hyrule
8 years ago#471
deathlok83, Unfortunately yes the RROD is still around, but it is becoming less and less frequent. The newer chipsets have supposedly reduced the occurence to less than 5%.
Gamertag: GrimDarkHart
Currently Playing: Halo 3, Rock Band 2 and Gears of War 2

User Info: crunchy57576

crunchy57576
8 years ago#472
c/p my sig
OMG --> - http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/gentopic.php?board=944365

User Info: kballa5425

kballa5425
8 years ago#473
So I just had my 3rd 360 red ring. I've had this one since mid 2008. Are they sending out any new and improved 360s that don't red ring? I don't understand how I keep getting ones that bust.

User Info: muffinman3888

muffinman3888
8 years ago#474
immortalize me.
Gamertag: iTALIAN iCE 3

User Info: m2o03

m2o03
8 years ago#475
I'm just really hoping they'll try harder and learn from this gen when the next round of consoles are released, this RROD problem at it's current rate is ...well - unacceptable, IMO. What is it...Quality control? Bad solder joints? Overheating? *shrugs* It's all got to change next-go-round.
There is no more free speech. Its all been bought and paid for.
I've never had RRoD.
I got the E74 error which sucked.
Is RRoD worse?
This is Gamefaqs. No-one cares, Everyone is right.

User Info: Big_Calhoun

Big_Calhoun
8 years ago#477
So, question...I sent mine in last week for the 2nd RRoD I've experienced. I'm reading this fact and it mentions you could get a brand new one. I never checked the serial number on my old one to see if I got a new machine after I sent it in the first time. So does Microsoft automatically update the serial number if they send you back a new machine? Now I'm worried that since this is my second time and I could have gotten a new machine the first time, they could refuse to do the repair and just send it back if the serial number is wrong on my xbox.com account.

User Info: chidoran

chidoran
8 years ago#478
Ok last week a big rain flooded my house and the rest of the neighborhood my folks inside managed to bring the 360 upstairs before it got soaked. By the time the flood subsided I turned it on and lookie here.. RROD! I don't know what the heck happened during that time but does improper handling/carrying of the 360 contribute it?

Its a falcon board btw, and its about 5 months.

User Info: DarkLink_Hyrule

DarkLink_Hyrule
8 years ago#479
drwillnrowlands, I wouldn't say RROD is worse, both are bad, but at least depending on when you bought your 360 the RROD is repaired free.
Gamertag: GrimDarkHart
Currently Playing: Halo 3, Rock Band 2 and Gears of War 2
(message deleted)
  1. Boards
  2. Xbox 360
  3. RROD Q&A's

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Closed