This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Duke Nukem Forever

#1-NinjaWarrior-Posted 6/29/2011 4:19:56 PM
I was hoping for a half-tactical half-mindless shooter with some unorthodox gameplay elements (to stand out), that has a well-paced story with transitions smoothly with an, at minimum, 10ish-hour campaign in a vast interactive (read: fun to mess around in (re-read: destructible)) expanse for a world, with, of course, the patent Duke Nukem swagger.

How far off am I?
---
I tried to change my password to "my dick".
GameFAQs said it was too long.
#2bossk5Posted 6/29/2011 4:21:32 PM
Sounds about right. As long as poor graphics and long load times don't bother you I say go for it.
---
Welcome to Gamefaqs, where for some reason it's ok to bash Americans continually without fear of penalty. I guess we don't count as people here.
#3chicago63Posted 6/29/2011 4:21:34 PM
Pretty much spot on.

People only bash the game because it's a 90's style shooter. It's meant to not be taken seriously, it's just a layed back, fun shooter.

It's not some extreme Next-gen game with the best graphics and the most realistic physics ever. It doesn't worry about technical bullcrap.
---
Chicago63
#4Michael__ColePosted 6/29/2011 4:23:00 PM
I don't know, the first level is still loading.
---
Oh my!
#5RPG_ApostlePosted 6/29/2011 4:26:12 PM
The BIGGEST problems is the load times.

It's a 90's game for a 90's crowd. Sorry it doesn't have all the "modern" gameplay mechanics (Hint: Hand holding). Sorry it doesn't have a "cover" feature. It uses the original "cover" feature: HIDE BEHIND A ****ING PILLAR AND RELOAD!
---
PS3-It only does everything. Except work online.
#6-NinjaWarrior-(Topic Creator)Posted 6/29/2011 4:29:39 PM(edited)
So its exactly what I envisioned vs. terrible load times...

yeah. i'm gonna buy it... (after a price drop)
---
I tried to change my password to "my dick".
GameFAQs said it was too long.
#7Mutant1988Posted 6/29/2011 4:32:46 PM
"People only bash the game because it's a 90's style shooter. "

Bull****. It steals all it's game mechanics from Halo and CoD, executes them poorly and mixes it up with gimmick vehicle gameplay, first person platforming and eventless on-rail sections.

90's shooters game you a gun, put you into a level and told you to find keys and more guns while killing/avoid being killed by [Insert Enemy type], while making your way towards the exit.

DNF is nothing like D3D, Quake or Doom. The games that define 90's shooters. Simple fun.

DNF is just simple, dull and dumb.
---
To all Trolls - Pretending to be an idiot... Makes you an idiot.
#8bossk5Posted 6/29/2011 4:34:53 PM
-NinjaWarrior- posted...
So its exactly what I envisioned vs. terrible load times...

yeah. i'm gonna buy it... (after a price drop)

That's what I would advise. I enjoyed it but it certainly should have retailed at around 39.99 IMO.
---
Welcome to Gamefaqs, where for some reason it's ok to bash Americans continually without fear of penalty. I guess we don't count as people here.
#9old_school227Posted 6/29/2011 4:49:27 PM
Mutant1988 posted...
"People only bash the game because it's a 90's style shooter. "

Bull****. It steals all it's game mechanics from Halo and CoD, executes them poorly and mixes it up with gimmick vehicle gameplay, first person platforming and eventless on-rail sections.

90's shooters game you a gun, put you into a level and told you to find keys and more guns while killing/avoid being killed by [Insert Enemy type], while making your way towards the exit.

DNF is nothing like D3D, Quake or Doom. The games that define 90's shooters. Simple fun.

DNF is just simple, dull and dumb.

This, its nothing like a 90's shooter.
---
http://i125.photobucket.com/albums/p42/keon227/jackiechan_chunlee.gif
#10H_S_S26Posted 7/2/2011 3:39:56 PM
Alot of ppl on this board aren't that impressed with this game and thats alright its your opinion, this was mine.

Bought the game and still having a ball, its a great change from all the Halos, Cods, BFs out there. If anything this game reminds me of a cross-breed between Serious Sam/Duke 3d and BulletStorm (which were fun also)

The loading screens are longer in Splinter Cell: Conviction but no one really noticed. Graphics wise I've seen alot worse such as Shellshock 2: Blood trails but then again I also enjoyed that title. lol!
=o)
---
GT: * * * * *