This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

blogfaqs/vent topic - Xbox Support is truly awful

#1CyricsServantPosted 6/30/2011 8:42:11 PM(edited)
After an unfruitful, 40 minute phone call with Xbox Support, I feel the need to vent.

So I bought Scott Pilgrim vs. The World through a dashboard offer and waited a whopping 10+ weeks for an e-mail giving me a "free" game add-on. If not for the promotion I wouldn't have even bought the game, but I digress.

I didn't actually mark the end of the wait period on my calendar or anything, so after I felt like I'd waited an awfully long time I called x-box support on the 13th. The Rep told me that if a download token wasn't e-mailed to me by the 24th, a support rep would add 160 MSP to my account if I call back. So I call again today and after more than half an hour (10 minutes of which was obnoxious Gold membership advert) I get to talk with a supervisor who informs me the best he can do is a phone call with a DLC code sometime in the near future. I ask him to pull up the transcript of my conversation with the guy from the 13th and, what do you know, the previous rep lied to me. Yep... the supervisor actually came right out and told me I'd been lied to.

Not to worry though! Now that I've 'escalated' my phone call (whatever the hell that means) I should get a call back within 72 business hours giving me my code! ... or not. Apparently if they don't arbitrarily call me my only remedy is to call in again and request another phone call.

... Wow... just wow.

Thank you, Microsoft. Thank you for not honoring your commitment and hiring Xbox support reps who lie to your customers. Thank you for easily providing the worst support service out of the three hardware providers. Hopefully the next time I call in you can make the experience even worse by outsourcing my call to India.

/whiny rant over

Wow... I know I'm probably going to get taken apart by MS' white knights, but it feels good to get some steam off my chest after an hour's worth of frustration. >_>
#2KidInTheHallPosted 6/30/2011 8:35:45 PM
I was on the PSN store last night, saw they had the promotion for PSN Plus buy 1 year and get 3 months free, well I'm already a 3 month subscriber that I just bought earlier this month, I thought it would be like Xbox where if you buy a new Gold membership on the dash while already having one it will just wait til the end of your term and charge you then, wrong.

It charged me right away the $50 which pissed me off and spoke to two people and they would not budge saying it was policy that all wallet transactions are final and if I do a chargeback I may get banned from online.
---
Xbox Live GT : EVL Ripper / Playstation Network : EVL_Ripper
#3Ryan2002Posted 6/30/2011 8:37:48 PM
Oh, just to piss you off some more, it's 72 business hours. And since Monday is a holiday, you are looking at a call by next Wednesday. Don't worry, the promotions they run are either spot on, or completely off the rail, I got my "Snoopy Flying Ace" game from a promotion back in January(17-18 weeks ago, promotion said 6-8weeks), about 3 weeks ago, after about 9 phone calls.
Also, excalating means that it's sent to a high level team to sort out the problem, somebody with a little more authority and say to try to get you what you need.

90% of the time when I call support it is a good experience, but this was the time that burned me good, and makes my otherwise good opinion of them go down quite a bit.
---
A Jose Canseco bat? Tell me...you didn't pay money for this.
http://www.zreomusic.com/Zelda25.jpg =-= http://tinypic.com/view.php?pic=2v965tv&s=7
#4Samuel 025Posted 6/30/2011 8:50:46 PM
I've never had a problem with any companies customer service. EA's is so easy that I've gotten free things for all my EA games. I'm a bastard, but oh well.

The thing you have to understand about customer support is that you ultimately control whats going on. Get mad, get angry. Throw some combustible lemons or something. Or threaten to cancel your XBL membership. Companies hate losing subscribers.
---
Dr. House and Dr. Cox should team up and cure everything.
"Drinking Santana champ, cause it's so crisp!"
#5RE2LeonSPosted 6/30/2011 8:53:28 PM
This isn't the first time Microsoft reps lied. I was forced to call them 3 times to have my autorenewal turned off. The first two women said they turned it off. NOPE! Finally I flipped on the third guy and demanded they turn it off immediately
---
GamerTag - RE2LeonS
#6art_of_the_killPosted 6/30/2011 9:47:30 PM
Wow. Sounds like something Activision would do.
---
"You've lost this argument!"
--- John Marston while lassoing/hogtying someone. Favorite quote this gen.
#7RenamonPosted 6/30/2011 10:30:14 PM(edited)
Only had to call MS once to turn off autorenew. Took all of 5 minutes to do, and while it did take a few days for the change to appear on xbox.com, I did not have to call a 2nd time.

Working in a call center myself, I can understand (although I don't condone it) that people will just lie when they don't know how to fix your issue, or when the customer is being ignorant or rude, just to get you off the phone. They are too obsessed with their average handle time stat that they don't want to reach out to a lead or supervisor for help, while forgetting that if they lie, their first call resolution stat will go down instead.
---
Movies that I believe will come true: Wall-E, Idiocracy
Halo 1 > all other Halo games
#8CyricsServant(Topic Creator)Posted 7/5/2011 6:31:55 PM
Renamon posted...
Working in a call center myself, I can understand (although I don't condone it) that people will just lie when they don't know how to fix your issue, or when the customer is being ignorant or rude, just to get you off the phone.

I suppose I can understand that. The thing is though I would have gotten off the phone with him regardless of what he told me. All I asked him was what the remedial process would be if I didn't get the e-mail in a week. He could have just told me the truth. :/

Anyway, I'm still waiting on that phone call. Hopefully it will come tomorrow. If not I get to call again and yell at Microsoft's automated woman... huzzah!
#9bossk5Posted 7/5/2011 7:40:28 PM
Wow... I know I'm probably going to get taken apart by MS' white knights, but it feels good to get some steam off my chest after an hour's worth of frustration. >_>

Could have done without the bolded part. Now it just looks like trolling.
---
Welcome to Gamefaqs, where for some reason it's ok to bash Americans continually without fear of penalty. I guess we don't count as people here.
#10GobizkuPosted 7/5/2011 8:26:29 PM(edited)
RE2LeonS posted...
This isn't the first time Microsoft reps lied. I was forced to call them 3 times to have my autorenewal turned off. The first two women said they turned it off. NOPE! Finally I flipped on the third guy and demanded they turn it off immediately

You know you can check if it's turned off on your xbox and xbox.com right?
---
"Chaos Is Not Entropy...Chaos Is Continual Creation." -Praxis
Preparation For A Coming Darkness