This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

How do I stop automatic renewals for my gold account?

#11XechsPosted 7/3/2011 2:53:23 PM
Prealienking posted...
Huh, they gave me 2 months free. How...kind of them.

Make sure they shut off auto renewal. Here is how:

>Go to xbox.com
>sign in
>scroll over my xbox
>click on "account
>In the box on the left
>"Automatic Renewal: "

I have heard cases of the customer service people not turning off auto renewal even after being told to do so.

In the states in 2010 they disabled that feature when upgrading xbox.com for kinect. Hasn't worked over a year now. Pretty much have to call them now where ever you are.
---
http://i169.photobucket.com/albums/u222/xechs/1198847692478tg1.gif
http://i169.photobucket.com/albums/u222/xechs/rankastar.gif Ranka-Macross Frontier
#12PrealienkingPosted 7/3/2011 2:54:15 PM
^Some countries, including mine, does not have the option to turn off auto renewal, so we are the "lucky" ones who get to call MS customer service and tell them to shut off auto renewal.

In the states in 2010 they disabled that feature when upgrading xbox.com for kinect. Hasn't worked over a year now. Pretty much have to call them now where ever you are.

Did you read my post? I was telling him how to check to make sure they turned it off after he called.
---
Currently Working on - War of the Forsaken(working title)
#13Santo3485Posted 7/3/2011 2:58:12 PM
Prealienking posted...
^Some countries, including mine, does not have the option to turn off auto renewal, so we are the "lucky" ones who get to call MS customer service and tell them to shut off auto renewal.

Did you read my post? I was telling him how to check to make sure they turned it off after he called.

Aha, my bad. But thanks for that tip. I will remember that when I call in august to cancel my auto renewal. I got two months of gold for around 2 Euros.
---
If I were the man I was five years ago, I'd take a flamethrower to this place!
Al Pacino
#14PrealienkingPosted 7/3/2011 3:00:50 PM
Aha, my bad. But thanks for that tip. I will remember that when I call in august to cancel my auto renewal. I got two months of gold for around 2 Euros.

It's cool. We shouldn't have to check it afterwards, but some customer service guys just don't like working.
---
Currently Working on - War of the Forsaken(working title)
#15speedfactorPosted 7/3/2011 10:39:00 PM
c/p from somewhere on google

1. Sign in to live.xbox.com
2. Click Accounts in the My Xbox menu.
3. Do you live in Illinois? If so, skip to step 7.
4. Click Billing Account Information.
5. Change your City, State and Postal Code to Chicago, Illinois, 60652.
6. Click Save.
7. Click Upgrade/Manage Account.
8. Click On in the Automatic Renewal: On text located inside the black box in the upper left.
9. Click Next until they finally give up.
---
Empty Sig.
#16GobizkuPosted 7/3/2011 11:42:36 PM(edited)
Prealienking posted...
Huh, they gave me 2 months free. How...kind of them.

Make sure they shut off auto renewal. Here is how:

>Go to xbox.com
>sign in
>scroll over my xbox
>click on "account
>In the box on the left
>"Automatic Renewal: "

I have heard cases of the customer service people not turning off auto renewal even after being told to do so.

In this case, he agreed to a deal in exchange for not having auto renew turned off.

There are two choices:
1) Take the deal offered and keep auto renew on.
2) Turn off auto renew and don't accept the deal.

It's pretty obvious which one he did.

horror_spooky posted...
You have to call customer support. Be prepared to deal with strong accents and idiots.
They only handle hardware calls and this is a billing call.
---
"Chaos Is Not Entropy...Chaos Is Continual Creation." -Praxis
Preparation For A Coming Darkness
#17DahlVaughnniPosted 7/4/2011 5:06:02 AM
Change your location to....Indiana I think it was? They passed a law there that MS was not allowed to deny you access to a quick and easy way to turn off auto renewal. So if you change your address to indiana, you'll get an option on the website to turn off auto renewal.

If not, then maybe I'm thinking of somewhere else, search around to find out where. I don't live in the US so I don't know it well enough. Pretty sure it was Indiana or Ohio or something though.
---
Gamertag & PSN: Archlvt
FFCC: EOT FC - 0261 0047 8986
#18gamezrochard(Topic Creator)Posted 7/9/2011 2:19:04 AM
speedfactor posted...
c/p from somewhere on google

1. Sign in to live.xbox.com
2. Click Accounts in the My Xbox menu.
3. Do you live in Illinois? If so, skip to step 7.
4. Click Billing Account Information.
5. Change your City, State and Postal Code to Chicago, Illinois, 60652.
6. Click Save.
7. Click Upgrade/Manage Account.
8. Click On in the Automatic Renewal: On text located inside the black box in the upper left.
9. Click Next until they finally give up.

Those D-Bags didn't turn it off, you were all right. So I tried this and it worked! Woo! Thanks xbox community. You've truly come through for me, greatly. If only microsoft wasn't so corrupt. We'd be a perfect community.
---
Don't you hate when you insult a little kid, and they actually insult back?
"Rule # 1 of working out: You CAN do one more"-Thunder
#19YombieePosted 7/9/2011 2:52:11 AM
this whole convoluted process is actually kind of ****** off.
#20EskiiPosted 7/9/2011 5:02:42 AM(edited)
Wanna know something funny?, its as easy as pie to update your CC info to keep renewal on but hard as **** to remove it.

"Just phone MS, its not a big deal!!!"

Yeah. . . no.
---
http://www.youtube.com/user/EskiLdn