This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Good games that got average to bad reviews?

#1horror_spookyPosted 7/3/2011 3:01:32 PM
I bought Deadly Premonition and love it. I've heard that Nier is pretty good as well. How is it? Also, how's Resonance of Fate and The Saboteur?
---
This is a test
#2PrealienkingPosted 7/3/2011 3:04:07 PM
Resonance of Fate is an ambitious title that is very hit or miss. The battle system isn't for everybody. I hear the game is very enjoyable for people who the battle system is for.

That being said, I wasn't one of the people who enjoyed it. I respect what it did, I really do, but it just isn't for me. You may be different, who knows?
---
Currently Working on - War of the Forsaken(working title)
#3icewolf74Posted 7/3/2011 3:05:11 PM
Turok. A really good game despite the lengthy load times. Also, Bourne Conspiracy was a very awesome game too.
#4Santo3485Posted 7/3/2011 3:12:18 PM(edited)
Resonance of Fate is great. I loved it.

How about Ninja Blade? Did it get average/bad reviews? Anyway, I loved it. Fun hack n slash game, fun boss battles, many QTEs which did not bother me but might not be for everyone.

Edit: Also check out Wet. I enjoyed that title too.
---
If I were the man I was five years ago, I'd take a flamethrower to this place!
Al Pacino
#5vigorm0rtisPosted 7/3/2011 3:20:49 PM
I didn't dig RoF either, but not because it's not quality, it just wasn't into it at the time. Nier... I hear Nier's fantastic, but it starts really, really slow, and I've been spending my attention surplus on work these days. I'll get to it again eventually.

^ I liked Wet, too. It's not pretty, but controls well and can be fun.

I also liked Enslaved. It's not for everyone, and the gameplay's not going to sell it, but it's a unique experience.
---
It's a wand that poops glitter! What's gooder than that? -- Jake, Adventure Time
#6Reel_Big_MikePosted 7/3/2011 3:21:37 PM
The Saboteur is fantastic. You should pick it up. Much better than the average reviews it got. I 100%'ed that game, which took 40hours and I never got bored with it.
#7Pharsti01Posted 7/3/2011 3:31:56 PM
As you said, Nier and Deadly Premonition.

Hmmm, hard to remember, nowadays scores are so inflated its harder to find stuff that goes below 6, even thou a lot of them should.... lets see.... Alpha Protocol, Wet, Eat Lead..... meh, theres more, i just cant remember them XD
#8Alcoholic59Posted 7/3/2011 3:50:43 PM
Wet
#9calinksPosted 7/3/2011 4:01:59 PM
For me it's Alpha Protocal. That was my favorite game last summer.
---
I'm Commander Shepard and this is my favorite post on gamefaqs!
#10H_S_S26Posted 7/3/2011 4:02:01 PM
I Second Wet & the Saboteur... both are fantastic games for their genres.

(imho: I'm putting down Duke Forever, Dark Sector & Shellshock 2: Blood Trails)
Those titles are flawed but can be very very fun also. (kinda like a good "B-grade film")
---
GT: * * * * *