This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Good games that got average to bad reviews?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Xbox 360
  3. Good games that got average to bad reviews?

User Info: horror_spooky

horror_spooky
5 years ago#1
I bought Deadly Premonition and love it. I've heard that Nier is pretty good as well. How is it? Also, how's Resonance of Fate and The Saboteur?
This is a test

User Info: Prealienking

Prealienking
5 years ago#2
Resonance of Fate is an ambitious title that is very hit or miss. The battle system isn't for everybody. I hear the game is very enjoyable for people who the battle system is for.

That being said, I wasn't one of the people who enjoyed it. I respect what it did, I really do, but it just isn't for me. You may be different, who knows?
Currently Working on - War of the Forsaken(working title)

User Info: icewolf74

icewolf74
5 years ago#3
Turok. A really good game despite the lengthy load times. Also, Bourne Conspiracy was a very awesome game too.

User Info: Santo3485

Santo3485
5 years ago#4
Resonance of Fate is great. I loved it.

How about Ninja Blade? Did it get average/bad reviews? Anyway, I loved it. Fun hack n slash game, fun boss battles, many QTEs which did not bother me but might not be for everyone.

Edit: Also check out Wet. I enjoyed that title too.
If I were the man I was five years ago, I'd take a flamethrower to this place!
Al Pacino

User Info: vigorm0rtis

vigorm0rtis
5 years ago#5
I didn't dig RoF either, but not because it's not quality, it just wasn't into it at the time. Nier... I hear Nier's fantastic, but it starts really, really slow, and I've been spending my attention surplus on work these days. I'll get to it again eventually.

^ I liked Wet, too. It's not pretty, but controls well and can be fun.

I also liked Enslaved. It's not for everyone, and the gameplay's not going to sell it, but it's a unique experience.
It's a wand that poops glitter! What's gooder than that? -- Jake, Adventure Time

User Info: Reel_Big_Mike

Reel_Big_Mike
5 years ago#6
The Saboteur is fantastic. You should pick it up. Much better than the average reviews it got. I 100%'ed that game, which took 40hours and I never got bored with it.

User Info: Pharsti01

Pharsti01
5 years ago#7
As you said, Nier and Deadly Premonition.

Hmmm, hard to remember, nowadays scores are so inflated its harder to find stuff that goes below 6, even thou a lot of them should.... lets see.... Alpha Protocol, Wet, Eat Lead..... meh, theres more, i just cant remember them XD

User Info: Alcoholic59

Alcoholic59
5 years ago#8
Wet

User Info: calinks

calinks
5 years ago#9
For me it's Alpha Protocal. That was my favorite game last summer.
I'm Commander Shepard and this is my favorite post on gamefaqs!

User Info: H_S_S26

H_S_S26
5 years ago#10
I Second Wet & the Saboteur... both are fantastic games for their genres.

(imho: I'm putting down Duke Forever, Dark Sector & Shellshock 2: Blood Trails)
Those titles are flawed but can be very very fun also. (kinda like a good "B-grade film")
GT: * * * * *
  1. Boards
  2. Xbox 360
  3. Good games that got average to bad reviews?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived