This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Crysis 2 is a buggy mess!

#21TrugamerPosted 7/4/2011 6:02:09 PM
Just wait until your rocket launcher stops reloading and you need to kill a dropship to finish the level and they have like 10 rocket launchers laying around to do the job but it still won't reload making you have to start the entire level over again.
Also they have a few classic momnets where a checkpoint is supposed to open some kind of path for you to continue on but it never happens leaving you with wtf face.
#22oasisbeyondPosted 7/4/2011 6:09:38 PM
Just wait until your rocket launcher stops reloading and you need to kill a dropship to finish the level and they have like 10 rocket launchers laying around to do the job but it still won't reload making you have to start the entire level over again.
Lol I had this happen a few times, I was maybe I have no rocket launcher ammo? lol
Still a great single player game.
#23Red_ChairPosted 7/4/2011 7:26:34 PM
Yeah I just beat the game and it is pretty buggy but still a great game
---
E3 2011 IN A NUTSHEL- http://i.imgur.com/BhYHo.gif
#24Kerr AvonPosted 7/5/2011 2:41:03 PM
>Guys, you seem to NOT understand that Crysis is made for the PC and scaled down to consoles.

>Crysis 1 and 2 play great on the PC, the Xbox is just 5 year old hardware.

>Playing it on an Xbox 360 is the same as playing it on a 5 year old computer, they have to scale it down in graphics, and they tend to be glitchy and a bit buggy.

A, that's wrong. If you have a game that works flawlessly on a modern system, then you run it on an older PC it will not develop bugs in the AI, in the SAVE/LOAD routines, in the message pop up routines, etc. Those bugs are not a necessary result of the game being run on a comparatively weaker system, they are the result of insufficient testing on the 360 version.

and

B, even if what you wrote was correct (and it certainly is not, take it from an ex-coder like me) then that would not justify it at all. When you buy something, you have the legal right to expect that item to work properly, and to not be flawed. Yet EA Games are selling flawed goods with regards to this game, and it doesn't matter why the bugs exist, the fact is that they should not exist.
---
"PCs don't catch viruses or malware. Stupid users do." - The Cranky Hermit.
For all things N64: http://z9.invisionfree.com/Nintendo_64_Forever/
#25TrugamerPosted 7/5/2011 7:28:19 PM
oasisbeyond posted...
Lol I had this happen a few times, I was maybe I have no rocket launcher ammo? lol
Still a great single player game.

It was a good game that could have been great with some more work.

Needed better AI and to be tightened up , seems they released a PC patch job for a console game,
It was pretty fun though the wide open do what you want battlefeilds were a breath of fresh air.
But OP is right buggy mess
#26TheNewSharksterPosted 7/5/2011 7:37:26 PM
da number one stooge posted...
I've run into more bugs in my 5 hours with Crysis 2 than all my time spent with New Vegas. It's really killing it for me.

I knew about the grain glitch before I bought it, but the vanishing weapon attachments every time I die, weapons not appearing in my hands when the level boots, buggy upgrade screen, and numerous graphical and AI glitches were a nasty surprise.

It's becoming a real ***** having to start chapters again whenever I run into a bug, and I'm just not enjoying the game anymore. Add the poor check-point system into the mix and I seriously considering returning it, seeing as this is the most expensive game I've bought in a long time.

Its really not that bad
#27da number one stooge(Topic Creator)Posted 7/5/2011 7:53:49 PM
TheNewSharkster posted...
da number one stooge posted...
I've run into more bugs in my 5 hours with Crysis 2 than all my time spent with New Vegas. It's really killing it for me.

I knew about the grain glitch before I bought it, but the vanishing weapon attachments every time I die, weapons not appearing in my hands when the level boots, buggy upgrade screen, and numerous graphical and AI glitches were a nasty surprise.

It's becoming a real ***** having to start chapters again whenever I run into a bug, and I'm just not enjoying the game anymore. Add the poor check-point system into the mix and I seriously considering returning it, seeing as this is the most expensive game I've bought in a long time.

Its really not that bad

....? Yes. It is.
---
Rest in peace Jason. I'll miss you man.
#280ReapeR0Posted 7/5/2011 8:51:59 PM
Focian posted...
Not as Buggy as EDF!!

*tumbleweed*

I lol'd
---
Ban The Burqa
PSN - ReapeR345
#29piledriver85Posted 7/5/2011 9:05:59 PM
Topic should have been "The Crysis franchise should have never came to consoles". I don't see a need for it on consoles it's just like any other FPS out there. At least on PC it could have had a PC elitist fanboy following but they ruined that by releasing it on consoles.
---
All your internets are belong to me.
PC, 360, Wii, DSi XL
#30SR71haloPosted 7/10/2011 5:02:51 PM
I don't see a need for it on consoles

Better sales.
---
Zombies are like sprinkles, they make everything sweeter!