This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Capcom has really disappointed me this gen

#1Dark Blade 13Posted 7/4/2011 10:30:46 AM
I was a huge Capcom fan back in the PS1 era with great titles and such and got even better during the PS2/Xbox/GC with great original titles but the past 4 years they really have been lackluster lately and none of the current games aren't that great at all and they do lately is milking the hell out of SF4 and MvC3 disappoints me doesn't even compare to MvC2 and they put out these useless and overprice DLCs on most of their games. I think that Capcom is getting worst every year.
---
JUS FC: 2921-4559-2925 DS Name: moosequito
(>")>==============)
#2LoveMyPS3Posted 7/4/2011 10:31:57 AM
[This message was deleted at the request of a moderator or administrator]
#3scoobydoobydontPosted 7/4/2011 10:41:29 AM
I don't think they were that great last gen either. Resident Evil, Dino Crisis and BoF in PS1 era was pretty much their best (IMO only). Onimusha and DMC are okay, but I could live without them. And I've never been that interested in their fighters or other franchises. Maybe I'm forgetting something though.
---
"It's you Americans. There's something about nipples you hate. If this were Germany, we'd be romping around naked on the stage here." -Molyneux
#4Agony79Posted 7/4/2011 10:52:54 AM
They are used to be my favorite publisher of all time when the published Capcom vs SNK, RE4, Viewtiful Joe, Onimusha, SF Alpha 3, MvC2, SF3: 3rd Strike, & Okami last gen until they shut down Shinji's Clover development team (now called Platinum under Sega's contract). Now I hate Capcom with their subpar games such as RE5, MvC3, and SF4 that has been releases this gen.
---
If somebody asked you if you are a god, just say yes! (Ghostbusters)
#5takidigits2005Posted 7/4/2011 10:52:59 AM
I really enjoyed RE 5, and I'm looking forward to RE: Operation Raccoon City.
---
"You know I can't play without a GUI -TAR string, n-n-n-n-n-nephew!!!" --- Uncle Pecos
#6piledriver85Posted 7/4/2011 10:53:33 AM
Street Fighter and Marvel Vs Capcom seem to be their focus this gen along with Dead Rising. Seems like they put most of their effort into those 3.
---
All your internets are belong to me.
PC, 360, Wii, DSi XL
#7Izick_the_SpyPosted 7/4/2011 10:56:50 AM
I want to agree, but I loved SF 4 so much.....

I agree that RE 5 sucked hard. It was basically a ****ty action movie. MvC 3 was disappointing as well.

All Capcom needs to do though is reboot RE. Make it actually scary again, but with newer controls. Then just keep pumping out the awesome fighting games, and throw in a new IP.

Oh, and never let one of the worst dev teams in the world, Ninja Theory, take hold of a sacred IP like DMC.
#8ItzTrag3dyPosted 7/4/2011 11:17:23 AM
Agony79 posted...
They are used to be my favorite publisher of all time when the published Capcom vs SNK, RE4, Viewtiful Joe, Onimusha, SF Alpha 3, MvC2, SF3: 3rd Strike, & Okami last gen until they shut down Shinji's Clover development team (now called Platinum under Sega's contract). Now I hate Capcom with their subpar games such as RE5, MvC3, and SF4 that has been releases this gen.

How are MvC3 and SSF4 "subpar?" Just because you are horrendous at these games doesn't mean they are subpar. The fanbase for these games and showings at tournaments around the globe should more than speak for itself.
Reading your original list of games you liked proves what a fake you are.
#9MadDewgPosted 7/4/2011 11:20:25 AM
Meh, I love my bionic commando re-armed, megaman 9 and 10. Hopefully they bust out a megaman 11 or x9 soon =)
---
GTag:MadDogg730 PSN:lMadDogg Playing hard corps uprising/bayonetta/the dishwasher: dead samurai/Blazblue CS/moon diver
#10bossk5Posted 7/4/2011 11:21:14 AM
I have enjoyed damn near everything they have put out this gen

*shrugs*
---
Welcome to Gamefaqs, where for some reason it's ok to bash Americans continually without fear of penalty. I guess we don't count as people here.