This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

When I use a remote to turn off my 360, it turns back on and off.

#1O_Town_RulezPosted 7/4/2011 1:01:42 PM
I have the remote for the 360 to turn it on and off. When I turn it off after watching a movie, my 360 will turn off, then turn back on, then turn back off for about 5 minutes until it completely shuts down.

Does anybody know what this is?
---
Not changing this Sig until the Orlando Magic win a championship (Technically Started 1-30-08)
Orlando Magic: Off-Season
#2BeefEasterPosted 7/4/2011 1:12:16 PM
do you have background downloads enabled?
#3O_Town_Rulez(Topic Creator)Posted 7/8/2011 9:51:06 PM
I just checked and yes I do have it on. I just switched it off. Do you think that was the problem?
---
Not changing this Sig until the Orlando Magic win a championship (Technically Started 1-30-08)
Orlando Magic: Off-Season
#4biledriverPosted 7/8/2011 11:12:13 PM
Oddly I've had this problem with shutting down my PS3 using the controller. I never did figure out why though.
---
Listen to Tom Waits
#5RenamonPosted 7/9/2011 12:13:31 AM
Background downloading is just when you have a download in your queue, turning off the console doesn't really turn it off, but instead just turns off video/audio output, and the middle light on the front of the console blinks every few seconds.

If the console is actually turning off, as in, the fans stop blowing air, no blinking lights, etc, then turning back on, that is NOT background downloading.
---
Movies that I believe will come true: Wall-E, Idiocracy
Halo 1 > all other Halo games