This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Alone in the dark. worth five dollars?

#1OaklandRaiderzPosted 7/4/2011 5:24:48 PM
I'm a huge fan of survival horror and ive been wanting to pick up alone in the dark and deadly premonition for some time now. i would like the opinions of those who have played either game.

and i COULD read the reviews, but i choose not to. games that get low scores turn out to be quite enjoyable.
---
"If you find yourself in a hole, the first thing to do is stop digging."
- John Marston
#2xenoswugPosted 7/4/2011 5:31:25 PM
Heck yeah. It's got a fair share of glitches (the Ps3 version is superior), but it's definitely worth $5. At the very worst, just skip eating a burger one day if you regret your purchase.
---
3DS FC: 4553-9996-6690
PSN: Swugly / XBL: Thaolover
#3egopetePosted 7/4/2011 5:40:25 PM
eh

i bought it for xbox and stopped playing after a hour or two

i dont know if it got better, but if i can recommend dark sector...its like, 8 bucks brand new and its a mix of resident evil 4/5, gears of war, and a little bit of zelda with the glaive.

youtube some videos if you like.
---
"I'm a dog chasing cars. I wouldn't know what to do with one if I caught it. You know, I just do things."
#4KnifegashPosted 7/4/2011 6:14:38 PM
Absolutely. Better than Alan Wake, in my opinion.
---
Isn't that right, Zach?
#5MAK0SPosted 7/4/2011 6:44:01 PM
Alone in the Dark is a good under rated game.
---
Blah blah blah religion, blah blah blah politics
Am I cool now?
#6Kenichi34Posted 7/4/2011 7:06:06 PM
For five dollars? Heck yeah! Underrated game, IMO.
---
"What was the point of that pregnant pause!?" - Edgeworth
"I don't have your stone! And **** you anyway!" - Edward Carnby
#7RE2LeonSPosted 7/5/2011 12:24:41 AM
Wow! All these people are lying to you! It's a waste of $5! If you pay me shipping I'll just give you my copy, it's a piece of crap!
---
GamerTag - RE2LeonS
#8WilkyPosted 7/5/2011 12:38:33 AM
No

I own loads of games and i am just about to add this to the thread "worst game i own"

It starts fine (ish) then you get to the first driving section and its like they took the driving bits out of the Tony Hawk THUG games and removed the one good bit and just left a big pile of steaming poo there.

To me the game is just broke. if you can pick it up for free i would still say do something else with your time and i love most games !
#9RE2LeonSPosted 7/5/2011 1:11:01 AM(edited)
*spoilers*

You can tell they rushed the remaining portions of the game. The side of the building was fun to climb and all but combat was horrible, controls were a pitiful, camera was fighting you, driving was a nightmare and you would take damage from hitting a twig (not joking), the final two levels were practically the same involving searching and burning roots which are severely time consuming and not the least bit fun and a cheap way at extending the game's life, the puzzle solving is absolutely ridiculous where the answer is something so far fetched you would have never realized it (the flash light and coin combination), the enemies continuously respawn yet ammunition in some parts do not. It's just an all around dumb game with major flaws that could have been fixed if the game was given proper testing and attention. The PS3 version is in fact superior but only because Microsoft refused to release the patch to the game because the file size was too big. When your patch is so massive that Microsoft says they won't release it because it's too big, there's a problem. Don't even get me started on the voice acting and the award for worst supporting character ever to make an appearance in any media platform including movies/television/games. No character development, no common sense, no way to feel emotionally attached to this character. Like I said this game is garbage, it's not underrated, it actually deserved the reviews it received. The only and I repeat ONLY thing this game did right was the soundtrack. Unfortunately it's overlooked by the massive piles of dog doo that cover it.
---
GamerTag - RE2LeonS
#10Halo_ForeverPosted 7/5/2011 1:23:48 AM
Prioritize Deadly Premonition. It is the less broken of the two.
---
Poet Eliot had it all wrong....